General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

95 honda civic high miles advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Default 95 honda civic high miles advice

im looking at a 95 honda civic ev coupe.
it seems to be in good contition, im buying from a used car dealership, a small one and i need advice.
its got 200k miles on it, but very low price, he said $2600.
it also has an illegal intake, but they said they would fix it, and i have a friend who loves and owns a riced out civic, he said $200 for a good one.

i really need to know if i should buy it becase of hte amount of miles.
this could be a good deal.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 AM
Default RE: 95 honda civic high miles advice

well theres alot of things u have to look into...how big of a honda enthusiast are u... if the shell of the body is really clean mayb just swap the motor when that one does...and for an illegal intake..i don't think it would really matter much..its just an intake keep it on..increases power a lil bit..also the body could be rustin under holes u can't see..you don't know...with those kind of miles..u can't see everything...it is a small dealership not like they care..well think bout it...double check into eveyrthing

Old 10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: rndmactsofmurder

im looking at a 95 honda civic ev coupe.
it seems to be in good contition, im buying from a used car dealership, a small one and i need advice.
its got 200k miles on it, but very low price, he said $2600.
it also has an illegal intake, but they said they would fix it, and i have a friend who loves and owns a riced out civic, he said $200 for a good one.

i really need to know if i should buy it becase of hte amount of miles.
this could be a good deal.
I bought a 95DX hatch for 2600...it only had 142K miles. Tell the dealer ship that's to much money. Think around 2000. Anyone know the bluebook off hand?
You are going to want to check compression on the motor. Take it to a shop if you don't know how to do it, or bring a friend and test it in the dealer lot (they LOVE when you do that) Carfax the vin, check the rear fenders and lower body for signs of rust. Ask the dealership if they can prove when the last timing belt and water pump was changed.....at 200K it's due. Illegal intake? are you in a smog check state? What area are you in?

Old 10-11-2006, 04:20 PM

i am in sacramento. i really really want this car, i love civics, and i dont mind putting money into it soon. but the problem is i dont have a lot of money at the moment to buy. im bringing my mechanic friend today. the body is in great shape, theres only one little ding on it, the paint
is in pretty good condition, but i would get it redone. and the interior is in great condition. i was hoping for a 96, but this one is fine. so if i just have him check the compression and such, go for it? im pretty ignorant, but i know what i want.

Old 10-11-2006, 05:02 PM

new info, i think its got an engine swap.
it says "96 civic" the blue paint pen that shops use. is that good or bad?

Old 10-11-2006, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

If it has a REF/BAR sticker attached under the hood with the engine serial number...It's GREAT! If not...walk away fast and never look back. DMV will school you to no end for an ill conceived swap. It can still be BAR'ed, but it's a small bit of a headache.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Jas

I bought my 95 civic ex last year for 2700 with 155k.
I think he's asking too much.