General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

95 lx

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Default 95 lx

Hey everyone I am looking to spruce up my stock 95' EG LX 4dr and I already have some ideas but I'm not very smart when it comes to cars to be honest. I'd love to get some imput or suggestions. I would also love some advice on getting something on my list in a cheap/economic/easy way if you know one!

Okay, the car is bone stock with a D15B7 SOHC Non-VTEC motor.
It's "Phanton Grey" with 17' BSA Black Mag rims.
5-Speed Manual Transmission. I am a student working a job. I want to have a fuel-efficient but still quick and nasty looking daily driver. Here's some things i've thought up:

Exterior:

Type-R Bumper lips and sideskirts (Any good deals?)
Paint job (Thinking new coat of factory color, phantom grey)
Factory style low lighted wing (Good place to find?)
Remove/Paint black chrome trim (Can it be removed?)
Lower 1' (New coil covers?)
16' Rims (any suggestions?)
Black window tint
Darkened head/tail lights (I've heard of using window tint on the factory ones for a sick dark factory look. Can it be done?)

Engine:

Cold air intake (Help me out?)
EXhaust system (Deep but quiet?)
B16Z6 Mini-Me Swap (For VTEC, but please give imput on this idea.)

If you know any other ways to increase horsepower or fuel economy, please let me know. I'm a newbie.

Interior:

I just purchased a new Kenwood Deck and new JVC door speakers in the front. The back speakers are close to blown and there is no sub or amp in the car. I'm considering buying a Fosgate amp and an Alpine 12' sub in box from a friend for $200.

Any tips to help set the interior of this car off?

That's how I want it to shape up, and I love the fact it's a 4dr. I'm very open to ideas, help me out!

I'll have pictures of it's current state up soon.

Last edited by Ian918; 04-14-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

from what i understand about the mini-me swap, you may be better off with the full d16z6 swap if you can afford it, it tends to give you less problems

Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

I just darkened my tail lights today on my 94 LX and they look great, i used VHT Night Shade and then put a coat of clear overtop. if your going to do this check the laws where you live regarding tint %. body kit's can be cheezy, if i were you i'd just get a lip kit & tail kit because they give you that aftermarket look but you still have ground clearance. Cold air intake is good if you live in a dry part of the country, if it's wet where you live i'd suggest a short ram intake instead. for an exhaust, just be careful about what you buy, a large diameter pipe can actually decrease performance in a car such as a civic.

also - an amp, sub and box for $200 is about as good of a deal as your going to get, i'd buy it forsure.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:27 PM

Thanks for your imput. I'm probably going to look into doing that soon on my tail lights. Yeah, I'm not much into body kits either. I want a lip kit but most of the ones I've found online cost around the same as a full body kit would. I really don't want a crappy loud ricey pipe. My friend has a buddy club cat back exhaust on his 96 DX and it's deep and crisp at the same time, I'm considering that.