General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

96 EX ignition coil resistance / wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Default 96 EX ignition coil resistance / wont start

Somebody please help. Recently car died when I pushed the gas quickly to the floor ( no sputter just death). got it towed home, changed out fuel filter and spark plugs (old ones were real bad), after a lot of turning (think i have a leaky injector flooding) it came alive ran real smooth idles up slowly but when the gas is pushed fast it cuts out. So at the recomendation of a friend I changed out the distributor cap and spark plug cables... Doesnt want to start again..... every time I check for spark I get it ... every time I check for fuel it sprays all over (except for after sitting for some time, the leaky injector).
When cranking I can smell gas out the tail pipe. I think it may be a weak spark, the spark I get is orange in color. I was going to chec the ignition coil but don't have the manual yet (amazon).

Does anybody know what the resistance is supposed to be between the + and - as well as between the +&- and the high voltage output terminal?

Or does anybody have a clue what is going on here? 145,000 the car is red if that helps

Old 09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Default RE: 96 EX ignition coil resistance / wont start

try changing the plug wires that has been a plus for me before maybe it broken and barely sending powerto your plugs enough to crank until it gets flooded