General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

aaarrgghhh

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member
Default aaarrgghhh

Nice title eh? Anyway I'm so pissed off right now. Maybe some of you remember me asking about coupling a tranny and engine together and that sort of **** well I just found the ****ing problem. I'VE GOT THE WRONG PART AGAIN ****!!! I ordered this one on ebay... It said "all 90 91" and I asked the guy "does it fit d16a6" he said "all 90 91" I said oh **** that I'll buy it. Well it's the correct size, correct pressure plate and bearings, but the clutch disc, WRONG AMOUNT OF SPLINES **** that's why I couldn't couple em... I just found out today... Now I don't know what to do!

Here are the options I'm considering :

1. I buy another clutch, I get the car running.
2. I drop the engine, rebuild the engine, and the put it back together someday. (I'd put high comp pistons in, and a light flywheel)

The second option is going to cost much more in the long run, because by the time I get it ready, let's say in the middle of the winter (I'm not in a rush my volkswagen is working fine I'll probably have to change the rotors and all kind of stuff.. bah anyway, we'll see.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: aaarrgghhh

Clutch is probably from an 88, they were different [:@] Or someone swapped your trans...

If you really have a 90 or 91, then any d-series clutch from 1990 to 2000 will fit your car. If you want to pick up a used one. Plenty of people upgrade but leave the stock one laying around. You just need the right throwout bearing, but it sounds like you already have that.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

You can buy a new disc seperately from a dealer or most parts stores if the rest of the parts in your kit are the right ones.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

I think that's what I'm going to do.. It's been so long since I've drove it!!