General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

AC Querie

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Default AC Querie

Hello all you Civic guru's !! Newbie here. I have a 2000 DX. The car has an AC compressor and when the dial is turned to cold and once the blower is turned on, that compessor kicks on and blows cold. Here's the rub. Thers is no AC button. As long as the blower is ON the compressor is running. There is a spot for one but it has a black non marked button there. Was this done by a PO or ????????? Thanks !!

Old 08-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I think that is a blank cover that can be pulled off, the button is underneath. The cars all shipped from the factory with no A/C and the blank cover on. Then the dealer would install A/C before selling them.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Please post pictures. I'd like to see the cover and what's under it.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:07 PM

Yes, the button cover does come off. Had to take the switch housing out to get it free. And there is is !! The switch/button is under the black cover and does operate as it should. Dont know the PO did it but at least it works. Thanks for the info !!

Attached Thumbnails AC Querie-honda-switch-001.jpg   AC Querie-honda-switch-002.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 06:41 AM

Anyone with an idea as to where I may find the button ? The used one's I am finding have the sellers wanting to sell the whole control unit. Anyone know of a "bad" unit or a button laying around ? Stealership wants $20 for just the button. Thanks !!