General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

accellerating to fast?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: accellerating to fast?

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

a little, but im going up a hill a little to get on the ramp..so i guess thats whats keeping it from gaining speed and thats why it feels harder to push down
huh, that's odd. I've never noticed that happen in mine, it seems like its the same tension level all the way to the ground

Old 01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

really? that always happens when im going up a hill, unless its just the feeling of the car moving slower and the pedal is the same and im just not noticing its the same..i dunno,well as long as i can push down without damaging anything..i try it out

Old 01-11-2006, 12:17 PM

so somehow your car is controling the level of throttle?

Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

well i was playing around with it today and im just a idiot..when i was going on the on ramp i was flooring it and i just wasent realizing it, i thought it just became really tense but it was actaully no were else to go, dam my cars slow lol

Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

hey, this might be a stupid question..but i noticed a couple times getting on the highway that big trucks dont move into the middle lane for you to get on

Ummmmmmm why should the truck get over? you are "merging"?

One entry found for merge.

Main Entry: merge
Pronunciation: 'm&rj
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): merged; mergĀ·ing

1 archaic : to plunge or engulf in something : IMMERSE
2 : to cause to combine, unite, or coalesce
3 : to blend gradually by stages that blur distinctions
intransitive senses
1 : to become combined into one
2 : to blend or come together without abrupt change <merging traffic>synonym see MIX
- merĀ·gence /'m&r-j&n(t)s/ noun

Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 AM

Ummmmm why are you saying the truck shouldn't get over. It's common knowledge that it is the polite thing to do to get over in the left lane when you are coming up to an on-ramp with merging traffic on it.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:59 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmm

60 foot rig that has 4 axels, weighs 16 tons loaded, and is going 67 mph, should shift lanes, so that a 13 foot long car that weighs 1 ton, and is having trouble going 67 can "merge"?

No sir, I think it would be best for the truck to stay in HIS LANE and for the car (civic in this case) to not worry about breaking his gas pedal as he attempts to get up to highway speed.

Officer: "so why did you shift lanes and run that car in your blind spot over"

Truck driver: "well there was this civic struggling to do 65 mph and I thought I would be nice and move over for them"

Officer: "It isn't your job to be NICE, it's your job to drive the speed limit and allow the other cars to merge, per instuctions on the big @ss yellow signs, at on ramp"

Truck Driver: "I know sir, but some guys on CHF said I should move over"

Officer: "oh lord....................."
ORIGINAL: XCM828

Ummmmm why are you saying the truck shouldn't get over. It's common knowledge that it is the polite thing to do to get over in the left lane when you are coming up to an on-ramp with merging traffic on it.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:35 AM

Alright man don't have a cow. I wasn't trying to start something, I was just saying that the truck SHOULD go over because it is the polite thing to do in response to your comment:

Ummmmmmm why should the truck get over?
I didn't say that the truck would go out of his way to run people off of the road so he could let someone merge.

Jeezis calm down.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:40 AM

Not having a cow.

A small sheep maybe, but certainly not a cow.

The point is, the truck SHOUD NOT move over. He is 60 foot long, 32,000 lbs (loaded) and going 67 mph. He should stay in his lane, and the car should "merge".

Quite often the "polite" thing to do is not the BEST thing to do.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: boatboatboat
Quite often the "polite" thing to do is not the BEST thing to do.
Good point. All I'm saying though is if the truck can move over safely, then it is the polite thing to do. I've had truck move over for me before. The highway was practically empty so why not?

Quick Reply: accellerating to fast?