General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

accident! Got my car back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: accident! Old people driving.

Did the cop write either of you a ticket? If she got a ticket you go to court and let the judge decide if your friend is a trustworthy witness or not. Also go back to the scene and get pictures of skid marks that were made by either car, where the bits of your corner light landed, and some general views. Again if you get a day in court you want to prepare a drawing of exactly what happened and back it up with photos.

Damage looks repairable unless the frame/suspension is severely bent. If they total it out, elect to keep the car and repair it. The strange noise is probably just the plastic fender liner rubbing on the tire.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya if you can get a picture of her car also...

i used to carry a disposable camera in my car but unfortunatly my old girl friend used that camera and ive never bought a new one. i need to tho! its always best to take pictures of the accident scene when the wreck happens...

cause after the cops come they will sweep any debri to the side of the road...

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

[blockquote]
........and for crying out loud a lot of them drive so slow that its dangerous. 45mph on a 70mph limited highway? That is not safe, at all.[/blockquote]
Yes, but look at the good mileage thay are getting. (That's a joke, guys)

Keep in mind this is corporate America here. Your (my) accidents are less about who is at fault, and more about who's insurance companyhas to pay.

I smile every time I hear a youngster complain about older drivers. Every one of the older drivers were once young and said the same things you are saying. Now they are old hearing you talk bad of them. Keep in mind you will be there yourselves soon.....

Old 03-20-2008, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

I got the police report today and she got cited for the accident and my friend is in the report saything that she did a double lane change and hit my bumper. I sent him the paperwork today via fax and he said he will get in touch with her insurance agencey and an appraiser will come out and look at my car. There are no pictures of my scid marks because it was raining yesterday. I drove by today. But the police officer saw parts of my car which looked like she hit me. Should i strip my system out of my car and everything else out of it? My strut bars and ****.? intake?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
HCF Member

Sorry to hear about your accident. That sounds like plain incompetence on the other driver's part.

Before you remove anything, see what the insurance company says. If they total it, then you might want to strip some of your mods off if you indeed decide to let them total it. If they don't, then you save the effort of stripping the parts out now and putting them back in later.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
HCF Member

true good point.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Gene J

I smile every time I hear a youngster complain about older drivers. Every one of the older drivers were once young and said the same things you are saying. Now they are old hearing you talk bad of them. Keep in mind you will be there yourselves soon.....

o i do and i would feel ALOT BETTER if a family member took there liscence and car from them!
my one grandpa has ran thru redlights ALOT and had the tickets to show for it! and he has totaled several cars from Tboning other inocent drivers. plus his car was like a death trap! horble brakes, most the electronics didnt work...
and my dad ended up taking his car and liscence away. it maybe hard BUT ITS WORTH POSIBLY SAVING THERE LIFE!!!!!!!! and others lives as well.

they need to be tuffer on renewing liscences.... like 1 a time limit on the eye test and 2-3 wrong and ya fail... and also a driving test!
as long as they can see and can react intime to stuff then they can go another what 4-6years with there liscence but if not no....

it should be just like when you get your liscence at first... and im saying that like every 2times you get renewed you should have to do the driving test as well as the eye test... writen test not so much....

Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

and well anything quick and easy to remove i would remove just to make it look as stock as posible....
but thats just the subs in the back, and the strut bar. i wouldnt worry about the intake. a intake doesnt mean your a racer

Old 03-20-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

I got 4 strut bars and my system thats all i really care about
Im looking at getting a 2000 ex coupe 5spd manual

Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i wouldnt remove the lower strut bars.LOL just the uppers.

Quick Reply: accident! Got my car back!!!