General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

aftermarket resale value?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Default RE: aftermarket resale value?

[/quote]

I firmly disagree, and heres why... I would say that 90% (extremely rough estimate) of people get rid of their first project car anyway. It's a learning experience, and can substantially benefit you in the future on your next project(s). It's not going to lower the resale value THAT much, so why not toy around and see how much you can learn? Like someone above said, you can always toss your stock parts back on when you go to resell it...

and "a few years" is plently of time to work on, and enjoy your first projects.
[/quote]I agree...is nothing more fun tan modified a car....enjoy your car

Old 02-23-2006, 10:55 PM

man, what a conflict. forty and mill have really good points, especially with the whole college money deal. you're right though, the whole learning experience sounds more than worth it. i just feel kinda sketchy about putting time and money into an auto sedan...wish i could have chosen the car[&o]. it's a tuff decision, especially now cuz my friends have recently bought a gti, mazda 3, and celica and i feel out of the loop with a stock, boring civic. keep up the advice though guys, it's a lot of help and interesting to hear both sides

Old 02-24-2006, 01:29 AM

well i say u should go ahead and add a couple of things hear and there but nothing too crazy to break ur pockets caus like u sed ur in college. one more thing to consider is if ur gona eva gona modify a car this should really be the one becaus its a honda and parts are cheap as **** compared to future cars we all plan to have.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:12 PM

That's exactly the thing teddy, i don't think it would be worth it to invest in an auto 4d. If anything, I'll buy one of the sick SIs that are coming out this year in another 5-6 years when i'm out of college and modify that. As of right now though, i just want to have some kind of pride in my car but not do anything that will screw me in the future.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 PM

I would sell the auto 4d and buy an EK manual EX or Si coupe.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:09 PM

i think you should mod the car lightly, i would lower it and get a nice set of factory honda rims like si rims or integra gsr rims. this way the car looks better and is still relatively stock, and it would look waay better.

big ugly bodykits lower the resale value, tasteful, well built and installed parts might add to the value, unless the reliability goes down.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:50 AM

sounds good ef4life, good advice...thanks!

Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 AM

where can i find OEM si rims or integra gsr rims. i checked ebay but they dont have much of a selection believe it or not...or else i just wasnt doing a good job looking

Old 02-25-2006, 01:11 AM

where can i find OEM si rims or integra gsr rims. i checked ebay but they dont have much of a selection believe it or not...or else i just wasnt doing a good job looking

Old 02-26-2006, 11:00 PM

i wouldnt suggest buyin those wheels off ebay caus after u add on the shippin its jus not worth it. find out if there is a local forum for where u live caus sumbody is almost always sellin them, well at least where i live.

Quick Reply: aftermarket resale value?