General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Air Horn...

Old 05-12-2007, 12:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Air Horn...

holy sweet mother of mercy!!! I watched that video from the other thread. that's so overkill, but it's also really cool.

go for it dude...have fun!

Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya best part is you can always just scare the crap outta people....

now when ever i get some on my civic.... im just gonna take it to my tire shop for some BS reason.... just cause they always blow the horn when pulling IN and OUTTA the work bays.LMFAO that will be a KILLER SCARE... just think about the ECHO EFFECT. LMFAO

Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

Here is what I dont get.I have been driving for 14 years and in that time I think I might have used a car horn twice. How are you driving that you need to use the horn and why on earth do you need a horn that large? You do know that it adds weight right? Weight goes up, performance goes down. So wouldn't by definition, an air horn be rice?

Old 05-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Recognized HCF Member

not realy..... i wouldnt call it rice unless you mounted it ontop of your car and drove around blowing it non stop...LOL

and trust me IF YOUVE HEARD THESE TRAIN HORNS....... youd know that when someone blows it people WAKE UP REALY QUICK!!!!!!
and well it doesnt weight that much

think of it this way.... some stupid kid or women backing outta thier driveway fullspeed and they dont see you... well typical honda horn... BEE puke.... they dont hear it and keep rollen fullspeed into you... now think of it with the train horn... you blow that sucker and I BET they will slam on thier brakes so quick like a real train is comen at them fullspeed. LMFAO
and thier ya go... it just paid for itself! hahahhahahahahhaha
and sure woke that person up making them think twice before doing that again!

think about it... WOULDNT YOU!!!!!!!!! [8D]

Old 05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
HCF Member

I have had people almost hit me many times. I just never use my horn. Most of the time I saw it and had enough time to either stop or swerve out of the way. I do get your point about it really making them stop the car. For that I can see doing it. Just as someone that doesn't ever use the horn I havd been wondering why on earth you would put on a civic. LOL Thanks Addiction. BTW you go a Nom in ROTM.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

It sound so fun to mount one, but your gonna go deaf every single time you honk

Old 05-12-2007, 06:00 PM

I haven't bough the horn yet, I just decided on which one I want. I didn't know they had those that you can separte and install them on different parts, aren't those much more expensive though? I mean, Id on't really want to spend as much as I'd be spending on a horn, let alone have to pay more.

And btw I'm not getting this horn to be cool or just scare people. Yeah, it might be fun if you're with some friends and there aren't many cars on the road to have a little fun with it, but liek I said before, I drive about 6 hours a day, 80% on a highway in South Florda, I95, mostly around the Miami area. And I can't leave 1 car's length infront of me without having someone getting in there. Its extremely irritating, and I know some of you will say i have road rage or something, but to be honest, sometimes it pisses me off what some of these people do. And there's times that yes, I do have to honk the horn, its usually when the other person's on the cell phone, and when I do, they don't hear me, and you know what, if I'm honking my horn, its for a reason, I want to be heard...Loudly lol.

And I'm not worried about adding weight to my car I didn't get this car for performance I got it for reliavility, gas milage, maintance expenses and so forth. I do love the car though it feels very sporty.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

I always want to hit the horn but always thinking of where to take the car instead of honking .. plus my hand is always ontop of the wheel and by the time w/e i need to honk at is going on im trying to manuver the car.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

If you think the Civic horn is wimpy you should hear the horn in a SAAB 900...

...and no I haven't bought the SAAB yet, but I am seriously looking for another car now, and so far I've found a '96 Corolla Wagon with 106k for $1800, but it has a salvage / rebuilt title because it got stolen a few times. Go figure.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i hear ya thier.... most the time i just swearve outta the wayy if i can ive had to manuver around people alot.... but a blast from a horn like that would or SHOULD make them think twice... otherwise they just think YOUR the bad driver or that they had pleanty of room cause you still missed them.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Horn...