General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

another What do you think about the price of this Civic? ha..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:12 AM
HCF Member
Default another What do you think about the price of this Civic? ha..

The search has continued. All next week I'm going to be in St.Louis so I figgured I'd check out the list. I came across this. The lowest blue book value is $3600 for my area, Not sure on the STL area. It's what I'm looking for. Not high mileage, EX 2dr 5 speed, black (although possible paintjob to gunmetal after body is fixed). It doesn't look to damaged on the front. Shouldn't be to hard of a fix or expensive if I just got it done somewhere right? http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/345093077.html
Personaly, I don't think it seems like a bad price. $2300 or $2400 sounds better. Then I'd have around 1k to play around with. Probably would go into wheels and tires since they say it needs new tires. Technically, I have $2500 if I wanted to do some power mods But I'm tryin to keep atleast $1500 in da bank ha. Yea ok...
Anyways what do you guys think of it for what their asking?

Or I might look at this Prelude. I don't know though cause it says it shifts hard when cold but it seems like it's a Prelude thing. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/377560978.html

Also thinking about maybe looking these 2 other cars even though I'd prefer a civic.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/377704555.html It's a Porsche... What can I say?
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/377164548.html It has a turbo and looks sweet. You know it does.. lol

Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: another What do you think about the price of this Civic? ha..

the civic looks beat up a little so i would go with the prelude, if you oly have 2500(i dont even have that much) but that wont be enough to pay for body mods.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

I'd buy the 944 over all listed.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

the civic seems decent, i wouldnt buy the porsche unless u have money for repais and if u buy the prelude lose the tails and that rear bumper lol, good luck

Old 07-20-2007, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

944 ftw

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 PM
HCF Member

The main thing about the 944 is I'm not sure how reliable they are. The only thing that turns me away is fueleconomy.gov says it only gets 18mpg in the city and I'm looking for something that gets better gas milage like the civic. And actually with the Prelude... It is an auto so I'm not real sure about it haha.

What do you guys think about the Civic though, it does look a little beat up but it is a fairly low price. I could also fix the rear right panel my self and paint it so it wouldn't cost much only paint and bondo (after popping the dent out as much as i could of course)
ORIGINAL: speedyturtle

the civic looks beat up a little so i would go with the prelude, if you oly have 2500(i dont even have that much) but that wont be enough to pay for body mods.
What do you mean? I'm saying I'd have about $2500 for mods after buying the Civic if I could get it for like $2400.

I'm going to be in St.Louis all next week (5-6hr drive) So I think I am going to look at the Civic. Personaly from the pictures I think it looks like it's worth what they are asking but could lose 200 on the price. Anyone think I should pass on it though? If I do (pass it up) I think I'll check out these 2 944's for sale and this one 924s.

Back on track. I'd like a little bit more comments on the civic. I could fix the body damage on the side my self (with the help of people I know). Says it needs tires but I'd probably buy new rims and tires. Comments please?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

Wow! Guess what?! It says the posting is expired now even though it hadn't even been on there very long so now I have no phone number so I can't call about it. I swear...

Old 07-21-2007, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

The car got sold. you have to be quick

Old 07-21-2007, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cyberx32

The car got sold. you have to be quick
I think if it gets sold it says deleted by author. But ya I wasn't going to be in STL till next week so ya. Every car always gets sold. That's my luck.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:26 PM

I think the 944 is the best deal dude.[8D] Might be expensive to maintain but well worth it.

Quick Reply: another What do you think about the price of this Civic? ha..