General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Any idea how much HP?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Default Any idea how much HP?

I read that my 2000 Si came with 160hp stock. I have a few mods and was wondering if anyone has any idea about how much HP i might have now. I have a header, cold air intake, exhaust, and vtec controller. Thats it for engine type mods.

Oh also, my friend has an 04 rsx type s. (with the iVtec). His is stock, and I was wondering if we raced, would it be close. Driver skill probably about the same, because a year ago we raced when I had an Eclipse GS, and I kept up until he pulled in 3rd gear.

And sorry..one more Q. Did the regular Rsx (not type s) come with iVtec?? I have another friend with one and he told me it did..but i dont know if he was just trying to brag. I heard from other ppl that it didnt.

THANK YOU!!

Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Any idea how much HP?

Well your friend's K20A2 will put out 200 HP. Your mods will give you some gains but I'm pretty sure it's not 40 HP worth. Eh, give it a shot anyway.

I don't know the answer to your second question

Old 11-07-2005, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

you should be around 170-175, depending on brands of your mods. and depending on if youve screwed up your fuel maps with the controller. you should kinda hang with an RSX-S, but his car should pull a little. but with mods, his will stomp you. those motor give damn good gains from just bolt-ons, esp for an NA motor. and the non-S has I-VTEC, but its a mild version.

Old 11-07-2005, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the info. All my mods are brand name (Greddy header, Injen cold air intake, Greddy exhaust, Apexi VTAC). And my friend who graduated Wyotech (a mechanic school here in Cali) tuned my Vtec controller.

Also..the friend with the regular RSX has intake and exhaust..would he take my car easily?
(Im one of the only girls out of my friends who drives a modified car..and all the guys like to give me **** about how they would smoke me..even some who cant. Thats why I'm asking, so I dont talk too big, and get humiliated at the finish line!)

Old 11-07-2005, 01:36 AM

The rsx non type-s is basically the same horsepower as your si stock. it seems like you might have a few more mods than him. And if i'm right your car might be a slight bit lighter in weight as well. i think a race between you and him would come down to driver skills.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:08 AM

[sm=smiley20.gif] Sweet! That boy talks more s*** than anyone else. He always says were gonna race for pinks (which i still wouldnt do).. But whenever I see him he isnt drivin his car. And for a long time, his car was in the shop. Maybe I'll have to run em so he can look like an idiot when a girl smokes his baby.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 AM

sounds like a plan. take him out.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM
HCF Member

The stock RSX is a 2.0 though... your civic is a 1.6. If you have about the same bolt ons prepair to have it handed to you. The RSX-S will eat you up just about whatever you do unless you boost your car. Gotta remember that has the close ratio 6-speed, and a 200 hp 2.0. Try it anyways though... and if they give you crap just point out how much cheaper yours is and how they have almost a half liter of displacement on you and you still kept up fairly well.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 PM

Thanks. I figured that the type S would embarass my car..with a decent driver. However..I used to have a GS Eclipse..and kept up til he hit Vtec in 3rd and took off. My Eclipse was pretty slow too.

But are you sure that the non type s would pull on me..even with me settin my vtec pretty low? He doesnt have vtec control..and if i remember right..the stock settings (atleast for the type s) is at what..6k?

And plus..the fact that Im a girl and I have a car worth racing is enough to make em shut up...sometimes. [sm=lol.gif]

Old 11-07-2005, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

no, a base RSX ist that quick. a 00 si with bolt-ons should school an I/E k20a3 RSX.

Quick Reply: Any idea how much HP?