General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Any info will help, and i know its a quick and easy fix for my sunroof, but i'm stuck....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Default Any info will help, and i know its a quick and easy fix for my sunroof, but i'm stuck....

I have a 1995 honda civic ex 2dr. The sunroof is no longer working, not even making a noise when i push the buttons. I ordered and installed a new motor, with the same results, so i'm eliminating the bad motor option.... where are the relays located? i have the A piller cover off and can't find anything. The fuse's look ok? is there anything else i'm forgeting to check? is it bad switches???all harness's are plugged in, but i did find a cord under my stereo, the male end is not plugged in anywhere, its circular and has 6-8 prongs inside, is that part of the sunroof or just an old stereo that was in there? ANY HELP would be great! i have the headliner off and am just struggling right now to figure this out. Thanks! Dave

Old 04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Any info will help, and i know its a quick and easy fix for my sunroof, but i'm stuck....

I'd try replacing the switch... it's like $20 at a junkyard (if the junkyards around you are like they are here... rediculously overpriced parts)

Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Default RE: Any info will help, and i know its a quick and easy fix for my sunroof, but i'm stuck....

does the switch just pop out? because i hear the bezel trim ( grey piece that goes around heater, stereo, and then back around the sunroof switches) is a real pain to take out, i hope i dont have to take that piece out to get to the switches?

Old 04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Super Cereal Admin

No, the switch comes out pretty easily... you have to pull out all three switches there though (moonroof/dimmer/cruise control). IIRC, the switches just have pressure clips, so get a screwdriver (be careful though) and get them out with that... once you have the switches out, there's just some more pressure clips holding the switches together (it's a PITA to get the switches apart)

Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

im pretty sure that wire you found back there was for like the antenna or something. But yeah you just have to remove the cover where the switched are (i think its three screws)