General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

any kinda HEEL brace available? for clutch....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default any kinda HEEL brace available? for clutch....

well probably my WORST problem driving the clutch is with my size 13 shoes without any floor matt my heel always slides down which throws off my clutch engagement feel point.... and when i put in a floor matt well they ALWAYS rotate around and move as well.

its always anoying when shifting mainly in 1st and 2nd cause after than its not noticably a problem BUT the car jumps ALOT MORE in 1st and 2nd..

i want to put SOMETHING for my heel to catch.......... i just DONT want it to be.... wel GHETTO... like a 2x4 screwed to the floor.LOL
anyone know of anything MADE for my slipping heal?

my only option i can think of is some L angled aluminum wraped in black carpet material screwed to the floor.... i know it would work! just finding that perfect spot to mount it for my heel.....

Old 10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: any kinda HEEL brace available? for clutch....

i have the saaaaame problem. i bought a matt and it has a hole now where my heel meets it lol

Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i bought some matts with thick carpet for my 99civic BUT they are REALY falling apart!!!!! i can only imagine how working a clutch would leave a HUGE HAIR BALL of carpet within a few days! and it still spins huge time......

Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 PM
HCF Member

mat not matt. Matt is a name, mat is something you walk on. ROFL

So are you looking for something no keep your heel from moving or something to let you heel slide freely?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

I used to have the same problem i got around it buy not putting my heel on the floor. I just use the clucth with my foot in the air. i know it sounds rediculous but it works well for me.

All my boys thought i was crazy when i tried to describe what it was i was doing but after i showed them that i can drive there cars better than them they didnt have much to say.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i want something that holds my heel inplace. kinda like a bump stop
i can deal with alittle heel slipping... i just need something to keep it from sliding al the way down....
just easier to get that sweet spot on the clutch for me that way! shouldnt take much just alittle something thats not smooth...

and mat matt...... whatever ive never said i was good at spelling.... but at least i dont say Vtech
spellings never been my wrong point BUT you get the point! [8D]

Old 10-13-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Oh I found out the hard way that if you get the Industrial Velcro it will stick to your carpet. I have it on one of my camera mounts and when I set it in the back floorboard I like to have never gotten it up again. LOL

Just get a chunk of something and stick some Velcro to it. Plop it down on the floor and it will not move.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: BX_Civic

I used to have the same problem i got around it buy not putting my heel on the floor. I just use the clucth with my foot in the air. i know it sounds rediculous but it works well for me.

All my boys thought i was crazy when i tried to describe what it was i was doing but after i showed them that i can drive there cars better than them they didnt have much to say.
I also used to have the same problem(my shoes are size 14) but now i just use the clutch with my foot in the air just like BX_Civic does

Old 10-13-2007, 10:33 PM

I also just keep my foot in the air when letting out the clutch. It feels perfectly natural for me.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:06 PM
HCF Member

yo know what they say about people with big feet............. big socks hahahahah........................ not really!

Quick Reply: any kinda HEEL brace available? for clutch....