General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Any performance suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Default Any performance suggestions?

obviously im looking to add HP and torque to my car, but im only gona have this car til August and I dont want to turbo or supercharge it, but i have 150 dollars that i want to put into my car... heres what ive already done
catback exhaust
header
intake
underdrive pulley
new spark plugs

I was going to get a high flow cat but someone told me its not worth it? anyone have any ideas on what i should spend the 150 on?

Old 01-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Default RE: Any performance suggestions?

Hmmmm that's a tough one with such limited money. Maybe you could find like a use throttle body, get a nice grounding kit or plug wires. Personally, I'd get a cheap sway bar to tighten up the suspension.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:16 PM

i say just keep the car the way it is and take the $150 and get something nice. y r u selling it anyway?

Old 01-23-2005, 12:24 AM

im not selling it, my parents bought it for me and they arent letting me take it to college when that starts in august

Old 01-25-2005, 04:17 PM

get a short shifter and some stut bars, definately good worthwhile mods for cheap that change the feel of the drive.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: jmmx6

get a short shifter and some stut bars, definately good worthwhile mods for cheap that change the feel of the drive.
agreed. No modification for 150 is going to net you much on a N/A 4 cyl. If your parents are making you give the car back or sell it, spite them by doing a little....weight reduction, if you know what I mean. Works just as good as making more power .

Old 01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

What is so great about a ground system? will it increase performance on my 00 civic? and is it tricky to install?

Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 PM

According to one companies description,
The new "Hyper Ground System" is the safe and reliable generation tuning system that provides a low resistance ground path. A better ground gives More Torque, Better Mileage, Better Response, and Better Starting Ability. This system provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation. In addition "Hyper Ground System" cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground systems which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss. The higher resistance of factory grounds, effect the ignition system and obstructs the primary potential. The "Hyper Ground System" uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide and ultra low resistance connection. This will increase the primary potential of regular cars to ignition tuned vehicles.
I'm not sure if any of this is true, but I'll let you know if i feel any difference when I get mine installed. I ordered a kit on saturday because my grounds are all rusty and not working properly (I got electrocuted when I touched the distributor with the car on).

Old 01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

lol, I bet that woke you up quickly. I was asking because ive seen these thing on ebay saying they will get you somewhat of a power increase

Old 01-28-2005, 03:07 AM

Rule #1. Never trust adds you see on ebay

I could possibly see a grounding system prevent a loss of power, but there is no way it could increase power. My reasoning for this is that with less electrical resistance, one might get more power to their ignition system, resulting in a more powerful spark, which would in turn burn more of the air fuel mixture. The only way to increase engine power is to increase the amount of air and fuel into the engine, or to increase the explosive power of the current amount of air and fuel already getting into the engine (higher compression).

Quick Reply: Any performance suggestions?