General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Anyone else had an awful experience with streetstyler.com?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
HCF Member
Default Anyone else had an awful experience with streetstyler.com?

well its been three weeks since i ordered my grill from streetstyler.com and I am yet to recieve any kind of notification of shipment. I have sent 2 emails to them and got back an automated response that said to wait 48 hours, which was about 1 and 2 weeks ago. I have only been able to get ahold of them by phone one time, to which the person said my grill would ship last friday and that I would get a tracking number. Well... Im yet to get anything by email or delivery 4 days after the stated time. This has been my most agrivating buy on the internet by far, since i am waiting to paint my lip kit at the same time as the grill. The lipkit came from ebay shippers within a week, even after recieving a broken one and had to get another one shipped. The purpose of this post is to see if I am the only one that has been disappointed with streetstyler's service, well their lack of.....

I have also tried their IM addresses through msn which claim to be online "even after business hours" and yet they still have not been online.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone else had an awful experience with streetstyler.com?

Did you pay with a credit card? Have they charged your card yet?

Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
HCF Member

I payed with credit and have not checked yet to see if they have charged it, and dont know whether or not i will cancle the order if I can get ahold of them within a day or two to see if it will ship within the same amount of time as ordering another grill of a lesser quality. (im assuming)

Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM
HCF Member

Your item could be out of stock,back orderd, or has been shipped to wrong address?

Old 06-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Super Cereal Admin

didn't read the thread (well I read the first sentence), but streetstyler has a terrible reputation as far as shipping goes. From what I've heard, they rarely ship within a month

Old 06-04-2008, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

^ Damn, that sucks

Old 06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

Everything you've heard bad about www.streetstyler.com is sadly true.

Some of their problems:

1) They state they will send you a tracking number, but they never do.
2) Their shipping averages about 4 weeks, but sometimes it's a little quicker.(some people report up to 8 months waiting time, if they even recieve the item.)
3) They never tend to respond to emails.
4) Their customer support and phone lines are horrible (worse than dmv lines)
5) Their shipping packaging is horrible quality, and i'm sure they don't handle broken items through shipping due to their crappy packaging.

and the list goes on. sorry man.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

yea they do have terrible service. i ordered some megan springs for a friend and it was a hassle getting in touch with them.it took them3 weeks to tellme that the item was on backorder. took about 2 months to get the springs. o and they never sent a tracking number like they sed they would. i was thinking of buying a strut bar from them but not sure if i should.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bigmikew1

yea they do have terrible service. i ordered some megan springs for a friend and it was a hassle getting in touch with them.it took them3 weeks to tellme that the item was on backorder. took about 2 months to get the springs. o and they never sent a tracking number like they sed they would. i was thinking of buying a strut bar from them but not sure if i should.
honestly why would you even consider something like that after the bad reputation that they have earned???

Old 06-12-2008, 09:28 AM

i orderd a bumper lip from them awhile back from them. they never answerd there phone, never replied to emails. they withdrew the charge on my card, i will never prder from that place again, and encourage the rest of you to do the same. i usually stick with vivdracing and procivic =)