General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Anyone have this Exhaust? will it fit on HX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Anyone have this Exhaust? will it fit on HX?

anyone know of those generic exhausts rust easily too? I would imagine they do.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:55 PM
HCF Member

i got one of those ebay cat back systems and i hate it. wish i would have spent the money for a better one. if its not raining tomorrow i will try to get a video of how horrible it sounds. its suppost to be an N1 style cat back system. i would like to find one that sounds like the civic race car they have on the honda commercial. as for fitment, all you can do is trust the seller and if it doesnt fit then you have to take it up with them, but from my understaning all civic 2/3dr exhausts from 92-00 will work and civic 2/4dr from 92-00 will work. i could be wrong but thats the the idea i got

yes the generic exhausts rust quick. mine is suppost to be stainless steel and i put it on 2 months ago and there is already surface rust at the welds. guess thats what you get for a $180 cat back system. live and learn.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:23 AM
gwl
HCF Member

I think the HX and the EX have similar exhaust layout. I still run my original exhaust on my 97 Civic. If I were you, I would get a brand that you want and take it to a muffler shop and have it done right. I have a 65 Chevelle, the muffler shop did a great job madrelling and installing the exhaust. I see too many cheap exhaust that just hangs off back end of cars that just bounces around and look dumb. It will cost more but I think its well worth it.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: gwl

I think the HX and the EX have similar exhaust layout. I still run my original exhaust on my 97 Civic. If I were you, I would get a brand that you want and take it to a muffler shop and have it done right. I have a 65 Chevelle, the muffler shop did a great job madrelling and installing the exhaust. I see too many cheap exhaust that just hangs off back end of cars that just bounces around and look dumb. It will cost more but I think its well worth it.
Yea if i could do it all over again i would have just bought the apex-i WS2 muffler and taken it to an exhaust shop for custom piping. Then I wouldn't scrape so often in the middle of the piping.

And actually it shouldn't cost more than buying a catback and installing it yourself, it should cost less.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

I would just get a muffler, because im going for sound, but i need to put the stock one back on for when i have to go to emissions.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Big EZ

i got one of those ebay cat back systems and i hate it. wish i would have spent the money for a better one. if its not raining tomorrow i will try to get a video of how horrible it sounds. its suppost to be an N1 style cat back system. i would like to find one that sounds like the civic race car they have on the honda commercial. as for fitment, all you can do is trust the seller and if it doesnt fit then you have to take it up with them, but from my understaning all civic 2/3dr exhausts from 92-00 will work and civic 2/4dr from 92-00 will work. i could be wrong but thats the the idea i got

yes the generic exhausts rust quick. mine is suppost to be stainless steel and i put it on 2 months ago and there is already surface rust at the welds. guess thats what you get for a $180 cat back system. live and learn.
yes i would love to here it!! whats bad about it?

Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 PM
HCF Member

this is the piece of s**t ebay exhaust i was talking about. the second clip didnt do what i hoped because of the wind noise, but you get the point. as for whats bad about it, it sounds like crap.

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...Picture017.flv
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...cture018-1.flv
http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...cture019-1.flv

oh and that crap is with the silencer in. it sounds even worse without it.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:27 PM
HCF Member

[align=right]Does Your muffler have anything to do with passing emissions? If not ill just buy a muffler and bring it to a shop and get it welded on.If it does it would be best to buy an axle back and swap it for stock when the time comes for emissions?[/align]

Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

other than the fact that it has to be there, no it has nothing to do with it. all the muffler does is baffle the sound to quiet the exhaust a little. your catalytic converter and o2 sensors have more to do with the emissions.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:07 PM
HCF Member

You think it would be cheaper to buy an axle back, or just a muffler and have a shop weld it on?

Quick Reply: Anyone have this Exhaust? will it fit on HX?