General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

anyone have an extra front lip?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
HCF Member
Default anyone have an extra front lip?

i'm looking for a front lip for a black 2000 civic si. preferably a stock OEM one or something to that degree. if finding a used one isnt an option, then where is a good place to get them? (besides ebay etc.) price shouldn't be a problem im willing to pay a little extra money for a good quality part rather than something cheap, as long as its not too outrageous.

Mine got ripped in half on the interstate today

Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 AM

I would sell you mine once I am ready to replace/paint my front end, but it is not in the best of condition minor cracks on the side. Unfortunately, I have no idea what my schedule with paint is so it could be 6 months from now, or 2 years from now :/

Anyways, I don't see a problem with one from eBay. Most of the front lips fit just fine from my experience. The rear lips are the ones with fitment issues. Regardless, if you pick up a heat gun, I bet you can mold the lip to fit perfectly.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM

Aftermarket lips that are on ebay are not worth a **** IMO. I purchased the Front/Rear lip kit for my wife's EJ8 ('00 Civic) and the fitment was just terrible and looks horrible as well. I went and picked up a OEM front lip and right now on the quest of purchasing a OEM rear lip which is hard these days because they are overpriced and rare to come across for sale.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I'd love to get a genuine OEM lip but all the ones iv came across with are too expensive ... They have all kinds of kits on eBay that are replicas of OEM lips n stuff, so I might just go with one of those. do the aftermarket lips bolt on just like the OEM ones? Or will I have to find separate hardware or whatever? I couldn't really tell with mine cause the previous owner didn't put it on properly

Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 AM

No, they do NOT bolt on like the OEM ones and the fitment quite sucks from what I seen. Also it far from looking like a OEM style lip once you get it in your hands. I was very upset when I seen how the look and fit which is why I got a OEM lip instead of trying to make that crap fit.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 AM

You gotta pay to play

Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
You gotta pay to play
What kind of lip kit do you have? I saw your pictures a while back and they're identical to mine, well to what I use to have lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by phyberoptix
No, they do NOT bolt on like the OEM ones and the fitment quite sucks from what I seen. Also it far from looking like a OEM style lip once you get it in your hands. I was very upset when I seen how the look and fit which is why I got a OEM lip instead of trying to make that crap fit.
Thanks il keep that in mind when I'm looking around

Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by jayrdee
What kind of lip kit do you have? I saw your pictures a while back and they're identical to mine, well to what I use to have lol.
I have an eBay type "r" front lip. Fitment was fine. The rear part, as I mentioned, was terrible. I ended up getting rid of it in a trade a while back.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:05 AM

I am actually in the process of putting a deal together to get me a OEM rear lip for my wife's civic. They are way overpriced because of the rarity I will be paying $250 for it which is a good deal. I paid $20 for the OEM Si front lip I got.