General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

anyone race a corba?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Default RE: anyone race a corba?

what year cobra? no chance for a 03 or 04. or even a svt cobra or mach 1 on sticky tires will pull you

why is everybody against street racing, avoid the law by racing during the day usually mid mornings (they dont expect it, so they dont look for it) racing at night is suicide anyways, also race on smallhighways on the outskirts of towns. We all have orginized racing sunday mornings around here about12 miles out of town. its safe for everyone

Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 PM

ORIGINAL: ac_customworks

what year cobra? no chance for a 03 or 04. or even a svt cobra or mach 1 on sticky tires will pull you

why is everybody against street racing, avoid the law by racing during the day usually mid mornings (they dont expect it, so they dont look for it) racing at night is suicide anyways, also race on smallhighways on the outskirts of towns. We all have orginized racing sunday mornings around here about12 miles out of town. its safe for everyone
It's not safe. And I'm against it because my father is a police officer and I'm in college to be a police officer. It's illegal and dangerous at any time of the day. PERIOD.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:20 AM
HCF Member

No offense, but you and your father being officers has no bearing on the fact that it's stupid. Do you honestly think anyone cares if you become a cop?

My uncle has been a cop 10 years and guess what? He has had a 1997 Integra type R, and 2003 RSX Type S..... Both of which he drove the **** out of.

Is he smart? I'm not saying he is.... But ******** like you bragging about being policemen will get you nowhere.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Str8spaceball

No offense, but you and your father being officers has no bearing on the fact that it's stupid. Do you honestly think anyone cares if you become a cop?

My uncle has been a cop 10 years and guess what? He has had a 1997 Integra type R, and 2003 RSX Type S..... Both of which he drove the **** out of.

Is he smart? I'm not saying he is.... But ******** like you bragging about being policemen will get you nowhere.
I'm not bragging about my father being a police officer nor am I bragging about being in college to be one. But the facts are simple. Street racing is illegal. If you're going over the posted speed limit, it's illegal by all means. I'm not saying I always do the limit, but you're talking about racing which is hitting the fastest speed possible. If your uncle raced as a cop, than he was an idiot too. Just because you think it's safe in an area doesn't make it so. If you cause an accident and take the life of an innocent motorist, than you will get punished to the full extent of the law.

Take it to the track. Stop being an idiot. Your uncle is a terrible cop if he puts the life of innocent people at stake.

And that's all I'm going to say. I'm not one of those immature kids on message boards who chooses to start a verbal arguement on the boards. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
HCF Member

regardless of what anyone thinks, street racing is going to happen, and cops are going to try to stop it. everyday, everywhere, sure its illegal but should it be?

yes it should be. if it wasnt illegal you would have idiots driving around crazy right after they saw the fast n furious. but for people that know what they are doing, do it on some highway you see there are no cars on, sure you never know what could happen, but if you want to live with the risk of killing someone or getting arrested, thats your call.

wow i make no sense at 5 in the morning

Old 01-26-2008, 06:15 AM

Those of you who particpate in and are supportive of street racing ought to spend some time on Emergency/Rescue squads, and be required to help pick up crash victims with snow shovels and plastic garbage bags....or to spend a month of weekends in an emergency room where you can see the results of such activity, firsthand. If you want to kill yourself, be my guest. However, chances are, in addition to yourself, you're going to, at some time, kill or maime others as well. I am well aware of the invicibility of youth and the posture that screams, "It will never happen to me." Sorry folks....I've spent too many hours in the back of ambulances to buy that argument. The sad truth is that for many of you, it will happen...no matter how good a driver you think you are, and when it does happen to you, you will wish with all the strength you can muster, that you could turn back the hands of time.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 AM

In California they impound and crush your car...

Old 01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
HCF Member

Honestly I disagree with street racing, but I am not going to get pissed off when somebody says they do it on the forums. In my opinion it is stupid, but if they feel like risking their own lives and the lives of others I will let them do it and then laugh silently to myself when they end up arrested. I am also not going to lie and claim i never speed though, I usually do about 10 over unless I am in a neighborhood, don't like it? get over it, as I am sure very few people here can truthfully say they don't speed. and this is the end of my rant.

Really though, if at all possible, take it to the track.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Super Cereal Admin

ORIGINAL: TheInternet

In California they impound and crush your car...

I remember that... I still think it was wrong to make an example of a few kids... crush every car being used to street race or don't crush any.

But still, street racing is just flat-out stupid. I'm not saying I haven't done my fair share of stupid things, but I try to think about things before I do them now. It's incredibly dangerous for a 60-second adrenalin rush. Who cares if you're on the highway? Unless your local highways are maintained like the autobahn, simply driving at triple-digit speeds is borderline suicidal. What happens if an animal runs out on the road? What happens if you hit a pothole at 100+? Guess what happens when you get a little off the road doing 100... it's game over. I got to see the results of a high-speed crash firsthand. Let me tell you, going to your 19-year old friend's funeral is a horrible experience.

If you want to risk your life for an adrenalin rush, go play russian roulette. Don't risk another person's life just because you feel like racing.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

Depending on the driver a cobra will run low to high 12s stock.

Quick Reply: anyone race a corba?