General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Arghhh!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Default Arghhh!

So yesterday I was driving on this winding road during twilight, and all of a sudden it feels like i drove over a huge pothole. Well, turns out there was a piece of the road completely missing, probably a 2x3 foot hole on the side of the road, extending about 1 1/2 feet over the white line onto the actual part of the road you drive. There were cars coming in the opposite direction so I was trying to maintain a good lane position, and I didn't see the hole and drove right over it. Well today, I noticed that my alignment seemed off, so I got out of the car and looked, and that tire that went over the hole had lost air. errrrrrrrr... this is like the 4th tire i've had to replace in the entire 2 years i have been driving.
Luckily though, a decent looking shop opened in my area not too long ago that actually carries Nexen tires. Hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to get it replaced with a matching tire.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

check for rim and tire damage. a bent lip can cause the air to slowly leak out such as your situation. and of course get your alignment in gear unless you want to buy even more nexen tires from that new store, lol.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
check for rim and tire damage. a bent lip can cause the air to slowly leak out such as your situation. and of course get your alignment in gear unless you want to buy even more nexen tires from that new store, lol.
The alignment isn't off, it just felt like it. Because the tire was low, the car pulled to that side of the car.

I'll check out the lip in the day time.
This tire was actually patched due to running over a nail.
My suspi-cion (won't let me put "s p i c") is that the impact caused the patch to fail... hopefully

Old 10-10-2008, 12:29 PM

man, you just had to be right didn't you

both passenger side rims had bent lips on the inside. the rear one was easy to bend back, but on the front one they told me it would probably crack if they tried but since the rim was trash otherwise i told them to give it a go. i got lucky, they were able to bend it back and i didn't have to replace a tire because the tire was fine.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

what a useless thread.. I come in here expecting pirates and all I get is a thread about a pothole

Seriously, I'd have the alignment checked just in case... it doesn't take much to throw the toe off. But congrats on not having ruined wheels lol

garrrr....

Old 10-10-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

Man that sucks, you running after market rims? Those bend eaisly for some reason. But yea your whole suspension need s anice look at now.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:53 PM

the guy i talked to said my alignment is probably fine. the steering wheel goes straight now, just like before the pothole.

i am sooooooo lucky that they were able to bend it back. They thought it was going to crack as soon as they whacked it.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

damm i feel sorry for you i hop it turns out all right

Old 10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by whtrastaman
damm i feel sorry for you i hop it turns out all right
Did you even read the thread?!?

Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by Masonn
Did you even read the thread?!?