General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

auto-theft

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
HCF Member
Default auto-theft

wats goin on guys as many of you know my civic was stolen a few months ago but retrieved, my passion is modding my car and wont stop cause of thieves however, i dont want this experience to happen again, i rent so i dont have my own driveway, anybody recommend some auto-theft products that would make it hell for a thierf to take, so far i have a 2way pager and alarm system and the "club" (i know doesnt really do to much).. any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 12-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Default RE: auto-theft

a well hidden kill switch

Old 12-16-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member

yea i forgot to list that. im getting that soon also, how bout that auto lock thing that goes from ur clutch or brake up, i heard its pretty tough to cut or remove when locked in

Old 12-16-2007, 09:28 PM

get the autolock. i had that on my ford probe gt, and i now have one on my 5th gen hatch. great anti-theft device. the club can be taken off, but not the autolock. you also need a chip to start my car. dont keep anything in your interior. it will keep basic thieves ou of your car.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i have the Auto lock. It works awesome. I'm also about to get low jack installed 2.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:42 AM
HCF Member

well.... a cheap way is to re order the sparkplug wires so that waysomeone tries to turn it on it wont but make sure u put it back to right firing order!

Old 12-17-2007, 01:29 AM

<3

Old 12-17-2007, 05:14 AM

kill switch and i usually take out my ecu when i get out, i have an alarm and two kill switchs

Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well i dont know about swaping around spark plug wires..... cause that takes time....

but i definatly wouldnt bother with the CLUB... everyone knows the steering wheel will cut thru like butter and then just slide the club out.

i vote the killswitch..... cause if its a manual they can still try to push start it even if it has a starter kill thru the alarm system.

what i would do is find a switch inside your car that you dont use... and custom wire it up to your killswitch. that way it looks OEM and its a simple push of the button thats in plain site BUT still would NEVER be thought about....
like for me im gonna use my AC button cause my 94civic doesnt have AC system on it.... another idea is foglight switch if you dont have foglights... maybe the defroster switch. or rear wiper switch... just find a switch that you dont use/NEED to keep it very easily accesable for you and UNKNOWN to a theif....

just an idea....
or just slap a switch under the dash or under seat or rear WHERE EVER you want.......

BUT LIKE ALWAYS.. your best coverage is FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE.... otherwise they could still jake your car with a trailer/tow truck/ car dolly.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 AM

ok the kill switch is a very good idea. the spark plug thin also. the club isof no use if theives are watching your car. another idea is boots. just like the ones that the traffic department use. they are kind of pricey though. there's a few web sites that have them. you can always check ebay and craigslist for a cheaper price.

1. Speedy Boot. http://www.speedyboot.com/

2. Wheel Club
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/zoom/...mp;adid=288108

3. Alpha Lock. http://www.discount-trailers.com/alpha-lock.htm

there's a couple more but these are the ones that i found.

Quick Reply: auto-theft