General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

auto-theft

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: auto-theft

thats alot of $$$$

Old 12-17-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

someone told me to put a lock under the steering column between the knuckles to lock it... what kind of lock should be used ??

Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
HCF Member
Old 12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
HCF Member

what do you guys think about this?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM
HCF Member
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass
what i would do is find a switch inside your car that you dont use... and custom wire it up to your killswitch. that way it looks OEM and its a simple push of the button thats in plain site BUT still would NEVER be thought about....
the12volt.com has a tutorial about wiring to an already used switch in your car, that way you can still use it for its normal function but also for a killswitch.

Another idea for a security device would be like get a quick release for a steering wheel so when you leave your car just pop your steering wheel right off and take it with you. Would make it harder to steel.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

Don't put the killswitch under the dash or under the seat. Hide it somewhere no one would find it. I would put it under the carpet of your car somewhere. So you cant see it. alarms are good but nothing fancy. All you have to do to bypass an alarm is take a car battery and attach jumpers to it. Put the negative on your antenna and put the positive on metal and it will fry your alarm.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 95civic1.6l

Don't put the killswitch under the dash or under the seat. Hide it somewhere no one would find it. I would put it under the carpet of your car somewhere. So you cant see it. alarms are good but nothing fancy. All you have to do to bypass an alarm is take a car battery and attach jumpers to it. Put the negative on your antenna and put the positive on metal and it will fry your alarm.
well if someone does that... MOST LIKELY it will also fry the computer and posibly set the car on fire.... i dont think a smart theif will try that.LOL

i vote to just custom wire up a fuel pump kill switch.... without fuel they cannt simply drive your car off which is probably your best security from most theives... other wise doesnt matter if steering it locked or even has a boot on the car they simply lift the car up and put some wheel platforms under the wheels then you can spin the car in a circle all day long.LOL

just get creative with a kill switch..... you could always slap in two switches that control each other.... that way if they find one.... OPPS still wont work for them

afew more ideas for ya is.... use a old school cars headlight HIGH/LOW beam foot switch. push the big switch down to activate and wire up like thru only one side like for the low beams and simply push the button like you would the high beams and the signal is stoped so the fuel pump wont work.... (i guess kinda hard to describe if you havent owned a old school ride. )

thats gonna be your BEST SECURITY from car hotwire/theives.
alarms can be bypassed, starter kills can be bypassed by simply a push start or a screw driver on the starter. i had to use the screwdriver techinic SEVERAL times on my old 66impala cause of old wiring. LOL

just get creative with your switch location

Old 12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mr2urbo <3
my friend takes his plug wire from his msd box to his cap out altogether. harder to steal if it doesn't start.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ltkenbo

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass
what i would do is find a switch inside your car that you dont use... and custom wire it up to your killswitch. that way it looks OEM and its a simple push of the button thats in plain site BUT still would NEVER be thought about....
the12volt.com has a tutorial about wiring to an already used switch in your car, that way you can still use it for its normal function but also for a killswitch.

Another idea for a security device would be like get a quick release for a steering wheel so when you leave your car just pop your steering wheel right off and take it with you. Would make it harder to steel.
Another good reason to get a racing steering wheel

Quick Reply: auto-theft