General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

auto-theft

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: auto-theft

and you could use 2 locking nuts on each rim. I have heard it the battery thing gets done alot. I have talk to some former theives about it so that when i get my next civic i don't have to worry about someone driving off with it while im gone.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well what ever you do BE SURE YOU DONT TELL ANYONE THAT YOU DONT TRUST ABOUT THE SWITCHES! not even your G/F cause she could blab it out to anyone...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

lol addiction did that happen to you??

Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope ive always had just had nice alarms typicaly. but most important at home i have a garage to park it in that helps ALOT!!!!!!
but when i did live at a apartment complex without a garage.... i always worked on my car with my pistol on my belt when i worked on my old truck and radio.... i figure anyone tries looking at what i got when im working on it they would see my pistol and THINK TWICE! cause all i had to do was look out my bedroom window and start firing....

not sure if it worked or not BUT no one ever messed with my truck...

but with anything custom security you dont want anyone to know that doesnt need to know.... and with me NO ONE drives my cars and only time i take my car for work is only on stuff i cannt do. but i sure wont tell them cause lets face it thiers pleanty of shady people out thier!

Old 12-21-2007, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

no one will know where my switch is put, but my first experience of getting my car stolen was the worst, i dont want to go with lojack cause personally its to expensive, ive heard of many civic owners putting a lock under their steering column, you guys know about this?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ORIGINAL: 95civic1.6l

Don't put the killswitch under the dash or under the seat. Hide it somewhere no one would find it. I would put it under the carpet of your car somewhere. So you cant see it. alarms are good but nothing fancy. All you have to do to bypass an alarm is take a car battery and attach jumpers to it. Put the negative on your antenna and put the positive on metal and it will fry your alarm.
well if someone does that... MOST LIKELY it will also fry the computer and posibly set the car on fire.... i dont think a smart theif will try that.LOL

i vote to just custom wire up a fuel pump kill switch.... without fuel they cannt simply drive your car off which is probably your best security from most theives... other wise doesnt matter if steering it locked or even has a boot on the car they simply lift the car up and put some wheel platforms under the wheels then you can spin the car in a circle all day long.LOL

just get creative with a kill switch..... you could always slap in two switches that control each other.... that way if they find one.... OPPS still wont work for them

afew more ideas for ya is.... use a old school cars headlight HIGH/LOW beam foot switch. push the big switch down to activate and wire up like thru only one side like for the low beams and simply push the button like you would the high beams and the signal is stoped so the fuel pump wont work.... (i guess kinda hard to describe if you havent owned a old school ride. )

thats gonna be your BEST SECURITY from car hotwire/theives.
alarms can be bypassed, starter kills can be bypassed by simply a push start or a screw driver on the starter. i had to use the screwdriver techinic SEVERAL times on my old 66impala cause of old wiring. LOL

just get creative with your switch location

i personally wouldnt buy the boot, like usaid they can lift up the car. i am going to get a fuel cut switch and i already know ehre ima put it so no one will find it

Old 12-21-2007, 10:07 AM
HCF Member

just out of curiousity, i own a 2005 civic.... and isn't there a chip in my key that the car will only start if that specific key is in it? I was told that is how it is, but i don't want to sound like an *** and say it's law... and if that is indeed true, is there any way thieves can bypass that as well? or is it not worth it?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if the key has a chip inside it it will be harder for a theft... BUT thiers only so many chips, BUT with a car that has a chip or something like that in the key... i wouldnt worry about geting hotwired cause those are preaty good. BUT doesnt mean a pro wont just tow the car or drag it up onto a trailer and drive off with it

Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

Are there any suggestions that would make it harder for a would-be thief to get into your car in the first place? Sucks paying the deductible when they just steal all your stereo equipment and bust up the dash trim in the process. As far as alarms go, should I even bother installing one unless its a 2-way paging system? Or should I just put in a fuel cut switch and a blinking LED so it looks like I have an alarm? I don't want to have to spend $200 plus install on an alarm if I don't have to.

Maybe I'll just order one of these from South Africa: Flame Thrower Alarm