General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Baaaad DAY

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 07:04 PM
HCF Member
Default Baaaad DAY

Well I take my girlfriend to look at a new-to-her car two days ago. On the way there I hear a clicking outta my right rear tire. I'm thinking rock so I speed up and sling it out. *MAN was that a LOUD clink for a rock* is what I'm telling my self. So I get off the exit ramp to go downtown and I hear a different noise...kinda like that hissing sound you get just before you get the FLOP FLOP FLOP [:'(] ... Well I pull over...yep sure enough flat tire on my 3000 mile old tires!!!! [:@] UGH UGH UGH... Change tire to a pathetic excuse for a donut tire! Go look at car...buy car... So I goto PepBoys to get the tire patched...well the @#%%#@%$ behind the counter only wants to sell me a tire...so I turn around and leave [:@]...well I go across the street and spend 25 minutes listening to hillbilly bob talk about a racing radiator for a dirt track car to hillbilly John just to find out that they don't patch tires!! UGH [:'(] ... I drive down the street and these guys patch tires...I'm like DUDE SWEET He's like do you have the car...and I'm like ya I'll bring the tire in...he's like dude we'll put it on free of charge...So I ponder this for a minute then I'm like sure okay...so I drive my car into bay 1.
Now you gotta back up here for a minute...I JUST PUT A REMOTE START on my car (MT)...and it's pretty nice, but I give highschool heman boy my keys and don't turn the remote start off. He backs my car out of the bay and while I'm signing the receipt for the tire I hear my alarm go off...
I don't even turn around I'm like,,,he must have held the lock button down too long...so I turn around to leave JUST IN TIME TO SEE MY HONDA SLAM INTO THE REAR OF A SUBARU....*heart drops to floor* Not only that I see highschool boy dumb @#$#@$# jump on my hood and start kicking the subaru...( he said he was trying to keep them apart...) Well I walk out side and the starter kicks in again and SLAM... so I tell the boy to hit the unlock button twice and he just looks at me and holds his hands up...I ****** the remote from him and turn it off....So anyways the damage was actually VERY negligible and no dents in my hood, just a black mark that came off...Well the ONLY GOOD part to this story is that the guy wants to repaint my hood and front bumper...well I'm like WHY the rest of the car is not perfect....So long story short he's givin me 4 new tires for the girlfriends new ride cause they are all mismatched...I went back the next day to talk to the owner...and he said the boy admitted to playing with the buttons on my remote like a dumb@#$%@#$ and I'm like where is he today... Well turns out the owner said school-boy dropped the next car he put on the rack on his foot HA HA HA HA HA serves the little #$@#$%#$%#$%#$% bag right! Wew...anyways had to get that out..

Old 03-10-2006, 07:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Baaaad DAY

You talk about the highschool kid liek he is such a big dumb****. Yea he was stupid for playing with your alarm, but i think that you are more stupid for putting an autostart on a manual. There is a reason that you have to put the clutch in to start the car. Its so you don't run over some little kid cause you weren't paying attention. Maybe you will learn about why autostarts are bad on manual cars when you leave your car in gear and run over some innocent kid. You don't think it will happen to you? Neither did the kid at my school. He started his car, it was in gear and the car went straight into two other cars. THe kid is lucky all he hit was 2 cars and not an innocent bystander.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

i thought that when a manual car has an autostart installed the car has to be out of gear to start or it will not start??? as far as i know that is how it should be unless it is f'ed up

Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

the car will start the only think that is holding the car back is the clutch neutral safty switch, the car will crank and roll every time the car turns over.. if its in gear

Old 03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
HCF Member

The autostarts with the gear sensors are very expensive, usually the clutch switch is just disabled. And yea, riceburner is correct. Our autoshop teacher told us that one time his 65 mustang was out of gas and he was like 40ft from the gas station so he just cranked his car until he rolled into the gas station.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

The autostarts with the gear sensors are very expensive, usually the clutch switch is just disabled. And yea, riceburner is correct. Our autoshop teacher told us that one time his 65 mustang was out of gas and he was like 40ft from the gas station so he just cranked his car until he rolled into the gas station.
Wow wouldn't that make his 1965 mustang a hybrid? [8D] didn't know they made those back then.

Old 03-11-2006, 07:12 AM
HCF Member

Yea so I sound like a d@#%$ but...He shouldn't have been playing with my remote... Second yea it is partially my fault because I neglected to turn off the remote start...but he shouldn't have been playing w/ my remote. and yea I'm glad he wasn't hurt but jumping on the hood to keep them apart..!!! Puleeeze! But anyways...Yes the car will continue to crank through the cycle...I think it try's for 2-3 seconds...then it takes a brake and then try's again...it'll do this until the car cranks.. And I've tried it in every gear even with the emergency brake pulled...It will, with enough room, eventually crank the car. The only thing that turns the remote start off is a switch that DEI provided to bypass the clutch SAFETY switch. Honestly Agent I would consider myself careless in both installing the remote start and NOT turning it off...But when you take somebody elses property into your posession you have to be responsible and not mess with stuff that you don't know about. I almost got fired (service writing) from a ford dealership for setting off a customer's panic alarm...I held the button too long. Mistakes happen...But he had to make a conscious effort to push extra buttons to activate that remote start, that's why I called him a @#$%#@...anyways...tell me about this gear sensor so I can look into one...

Old 03-11-2006, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

If it were my car I would made sure everyone knows what will happen just in case in does.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

Thats a good point...and with all the above said, while it is a nice convenience, the only reason I put it in was for the experience so my girls car didn't have to be down for SO long! I'm probably going to hide that little switch and turn it off...I can't count on people not to be curious!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:45 PM

yea i'm happy that my girls car is an auto cuz in the morning i hit the remote start and get the car warm before i go outside, i don't have to worry about having it in gear. but honestly i think it was both of your faults, neglangence on your part and pure stupidity on his. just be sure to warn people next time.

Quick Reply: Baaaad DAY