General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Back on HCF

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
HCF Member
Default Back on HCF

It's been some time since I last posted on this website, though I have used the resources many times since. This is an excellent forum! Good people on here that know plenty about the cars we all share a passion for.

My poor 97 Civic EX did not fare well at college. For every last thing I'd fix, someone would break something else. People putting dents in the trunk lid...hood latch breaking...couple small wipeouts when people have run me off the road in the snow. Simply put, it's in sad shape and I'm trying to decide if it's worth the work to fix it up or trade it for another civic with fewer miles, maybe in a little better condition...

As of now, I'll need a new hood, front bumper cover, left and right front fenders, a new trunk lid and a repaint. Also, the driver side window does not work. Passenger side barely works...cracked plastic on the door liner. A cop slashed my visors with his pocket knife supposedly looking for weed (he was drunk fishing and I was on my way home from work). Tried to make a case of it and they told me "your word against his". Aesthetically, this car is a mess. Mechanically, it's running as good as ever...just over 170,000 now. AEM short ram and upper/lower strut bars. 2.25in exhaust after the stock cat (which is going bad), quiet muffler. Had paid for the parts and install on a DC 4-2-1 header, but got screwed by the shop that did it. They stole and sold my performance part and did a crappy install on a USED, stock EX manifold. The shop went out of business right after that...never have found the folks.

That being said. I'd like to start networking for parts or a replacement car. I'm broke and working every day. I gotta do this on the cheep side if I'm gonna do anything. A firm hello to all! Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. Been doing Honda's a long time, but you learn something new every day!