General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Bad Jack.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Default Bad Jack.

I recently purchased a 98 Ex, and found that there was a problem with the seats. Both the drivers and the passengers are caving inward. I looked for the cause and it looks like the car was lifted at a repair shop and the underbelly wasdamaged in the process, it is raisedup so bad that the interior was affected. Thus my floor board is raised affecting the way I sit.
So how do I go about repairing this? I was thinking take the seats out and use a sledge hammar to bang it the spots back into place. Anyone had this happen before?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Bad Jack.

Any chance of getting your money back for the car? True there is usually little legal recourse on "as is" used cars, but some states have "safety defect" or "implied warranty" provisions.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
HCF Member

WOW....i never heard of this befor, but dont use a sledge hammar what ever you do.
Ill ask my friend today, hes a body man and he might know somthing.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:45 AM

Ya. I just went to the body shop, and they just told me to take a sledge hammar to it. To be more specific, put a peice of2x4 down to distibute the power evenly.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:17 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya thats what i would do... a 2by4 or 2by 6 and a sledge hammer to it....

tho most likely it was the previous owner that did that with a floor jack. cause anyone that works at any shop should have some common knowledge!!!!!!

that underbody bends preaty easily! hell i got bends in my rear crossmember and those bumper suports from my jack and jackstands!
but its preaty minor mainly cause my jacks and stands have some preaty good size LIPS on them so the car cannt just slide off if it rolls or what not... so hasnt realy bothered me... but that is also on heavy duty spots...
some jack@ss probably just stuck a jack under it and lifted it up on the floorboard thinking he could change his own oil....

only downfall for you is ya have to remove the seat and carpet to see the bad spots and get some good hits in the right spots....
preaty simple tho.... but id say remove both seats just so you can see what the floor is suposed to look like on the other side.... jsut for comparison.... cause most likely he did the same thing on that side as well.LOL

Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 PM

Thanks guys, I needed some other opinions too. I guess we can all agree that the other person was a jackass though.lol That black 99 above this post looks like it has some accord headlights on it. If that is true how difficult is the swap?

Old 09-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nope.... its just eyelids tho mine are carbonfiber BUT i dont like them anymore. so when i redue my headlights to black style im just gonna paint the eye lids on the headlights..
main reason i dont like these eye lids is they are held up alittle from thier thickenss and mounting tape... so painted should look TONS BETER.