General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Badge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:25 AM
HCF Member
Default Badge?

I was recently washing and waxing my 94 lx when i barely touched the badge and of course it falls off. It left a bunch or residue and some of it looked like rust. I dont know if I should attempt to put it back on or try to clear the spot up? any ideas?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

if you want to put it back on you need to make sure it is clear of any rust first.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM
HCF Member

ok thats what I was thinking so how would i get the rust off?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Iron_Man_2010
ok thats what I was thinking so how would i get the rust off?
Use a prep pen to just finely sand off the rust, then just cover the bare spot with touch up paint. Just give the touch up paint time to cure before slapping the badge on.

Should be able to find one at your favourite auto store.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Is the rust from the badge or from below the paint?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
Good point, I just assumed it was from the car body.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
HCF Member

if you want to debadge, you can remove the residue with rubbing compound, or goo gone. if you want to slap back on the badge you can use some strong 3M double sided tape. but of course fix the rust or cover it up, i have no idea how though, if it is small i would probably use some touch up paint.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:03 PM

on my old badges when this happened to the trunk badge what i did was i used some all purpose adhesive and put it on the back side of the ring around the H and then stuck it on there like normal and applied light pressure for a couple minutes until it was stuck on there enough by itself to stay on and continue to dry.

if you need new emblem clips, i have some for sale in my for sale thread. you'll just have to look up your part number for them and make sure they're the same. if you want the clips and don't know where to look for the part number, i can figure it out for you to make sure they'll fit your car. most clips are the same though and should fit.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

best way to De-badge something, is to go to your local wall-mart or something... and look in the paint section for adhesive remover, wont hurt the paint and it's great to get all kinds of stickers, decals, logos, emblems etc... off with out damaging the paint, but you will need plastic razor blades those you can pick up in wall-mart in the knitting section or parts department... they might even have some near the tools, or gun section.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by RonJ
The badge had been lose before but its on the body of the car only. Ill take a picture later today to show everyone. I jus hate having that spot like tht it looks so freakin dirty.

Quick Reply: Badge?