General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Best bang for the buck/performing throttle body and fuel rail for b18

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Default Best bang for the buck/performing throttle body and fuel rail for b18

Alright, im looking for a fuel rail and throttle body my fams gonna get me some stuff for xmas...

im thinking on an aem fuel rail...and not sure on a throttle body...edelbrock or skunk 2?

running a zex dry kit until i can afford most likely a jackson racng supercharger, also low comp. pistons and rods.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM
HCF Member

I would get a turbo instead of a supercharger

Old 11-12-2008, 02:39 PM

whys that? isint a supercharger les tuning? and i love the sound haha

Old 11-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

just as much tuning involved with a supercharger as there is with turbo

Old 11-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Kevin's right. He used to have a JRSC on his teg.

Also, turbo kits tend to be cheaper than SC's, they make more power on the same amount of boost, and you'll generally be happier with a turbo.

Also, I believe the stock fuel rail is good for quite a bit of power; unless you just want under-hood bling, you're going to be fine running the stock fuel rail. As far as throttle bodies, edelbrock and skunk2 both make pretty good products; you'll be fine with whichever brand you want.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM

alright, so my 100-150$ from the fuel rail where should i put that haha, something thats gonna add some powa. or anything i guess

Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Cereal Admin

well, are you still supercharging it or turboing it?

Supercharging will give you the sexy SC whine, and is a generally easier install. However, it produces less power, and is a good bit more expensive, than a turbo. Also, to raise the boost, you need to swap out the pulley.

Turbocharging is quite frankly, the second (after nitrous) easiest way to make power. Also, it's cheaper (and you get supercharger whistle and a BOV). However, it's a bit more in-depth of an install, but it's not terribly hard. To raise the boost, you need to change your wastegate spring (if using an external wastegate) or simply use a boost controller (if using an internal wastegate).

Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM

actually i have a f150 fuel pump in my car right now...because it had nitrous in it...what should i buy for one of them?

probably turbo..it all depends, what am i looking at for a full turbo kit as of price, with close to 300 hp for a daily driver?
like i said im useing a 55-75 shot of dry nitrous until my job pays for a turbo.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Cereal Admin

okay, then an intake and a header are out of the equation since you'll replace both with a turbo kit anyway.

Which b18 do you have? If it's the b18a1/b1, you'll be close to pushing the stock internals at 300whp, so I'd be careful. If it's a c1/c5, you'll be perfectly safe with the stock internals if you're putting down 300.

Really, if you want to buy a pre-fabbed kit, you can pick one up for $2500-$3k on average. If you want to piece one together yourself, you're looking at $1500-$2500, realistically. We have two stickies, if I'm not mistaken, on what you need and everything for a turbo kit; check them out and see if they don't answer your questions. The key to safely boosting is doing research and knowing what you're getting into before you do it. Also, it helps save a little money when you know what you need and what you don't

(and I'm trying to think of something useful to buy with $150 lol... maybe lowering springs? I know you can pick up tien s-tech springs on ebay for around $150)

Old 11-13-2008, 01:19 PM

I have nuespeed 2"/2.5" springs on KYB struts, i have a 3 inch exhaust with flowmaster dual exhaust, aem cold air intake, yeah the b18c1, but im doing pistons and rings whn i do the turbo kit...i was hopeing to only spend 2k$ on the turbo..i have gsr rims, 15s, bigger valves, motor was rebuilt like 70k miles ago, but there oem, i have some head work done too, not much more then that...

Quick Reply: Best bang for the buck/performing throttle body and fuel rail for b18