General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Best color for Body Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Default Best color for Body Kit?

A newbie here.. I'm bout to get a Civic LX and put a body kit on it, what color Civic should I go for? I'm thinking Alibaster Silver or Black? And also, what's the best place to buy a full body kit? Online, Local shops or Ebay?

thanks in advance

Old 07-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Default RE: Best color for Body Kit?

color really depends on you. i love green thats why i got green. best place to get a kit is a good company not ebay cheap kits. save up and get a good kit u will be thank ful when u go to get it installed it will fit better and be thicker.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

If I were able to get a new car again, I'd probably go with white or red, those look really clean when done right, but so can any color.

But between silver and black, I'd probably go with black.

But it's all up to you, but keep us posted.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 PM

well i agree with him...it all depends on what you pefer...i personally love white on a civic...but thats my choice...black is hard to keep clean....but its what ever look your going for...and good luck with it i hope it works out!!...f.y.i. ebay isnt the way to go... i get my stuff from www.procivic.com cause you can search for parts that were made for your car

Old 07-28-2007, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

once you see some sick cars with lips, you're really gonna regeret getting ab ody kit. I know, it sounds good right now, i went through my body kit phase, but once you go through it, you'r egonna wish you had that $600 to spend on something else $100 lip + $50 paint, clean look with no chance of breakage > $400 sh*tty ebay kit + atleast $250 paint + bad quality + bad fitment

now, i'm not bashing body kits, Aryiman, T34me and many others have nice, POLYURETHANE body kits that arent crazy looking, they spent the extra money and time and it shows, there body kits look great, so i guess if you decide to go with a body kit, atelast get something slightly subtle, and make sure its high quality

Old 07-28-2007, 03:55 PM

Paint the body kit one color and the rest of the car a completely different, mismatched color. That's the good stuff there.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:07 PM
HCF Member

What FlipHKD720 said...idc if you got a million dollar body kit, theres NO good bodykits out there..do NOT get a body kit, Get a freakin lip kit, paint it and buy some suspension (H&R race springs) or some type of coilovers. Make it have a look clean. Ive gone through the Fast and Furious dayswith bodykits when I had my Eclipse..and yeah i totally regret it and so will you inless you know what your doing or you have a lot of money for some awsomecustomizing shop to do it for you. But evenif u had all that, you'd still hit something and crack or break ur front kit.I just don't recommend you getting a body kit man. There horrible all around.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

^ diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick (crazieman haha)

Old 07-28-2007, 04:17 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 4doorcivic9

What FlipHKD720 said...idc if you got a million dollar body kit, theres NO good bodykits out there..do NOT get a body kit, Get a freakin lip kit, paint it and buy some suspension (H&R race springs) or some type of coilovers. Make it have a look clean. Ive gone through the Fast and Furious dayswith bodykits when I had my Eclipse..and yeah i totally regret it and so will you inless you know what your doing or you have a lot of money for some awsomecustomizing shop to do it for you. But evenif u had all that, you'd still hit something and crack or break ur front kit.I just don't recommend you getting a body kit man. There horrible all around.
i think thats a matter of opinion, there are seriously some subtle kits out there, that arent any lower than some lips, and just as durable (ABS or Poly kits). Again, thats just your opinion. Like i said, we've all had our I NEED A BODY KIT AND FART CAN! days, me included, and yea i regret spending all that money on it, i totall wish i just woulda got my lip back then, but hydrolisko, if you really are into body kits, go ahead, but i highly suggest checking out some CLEAN lip kits on Civics before you go buy a big gawdy kit, just a little lip can do so much

clean body kit IMO:

but he spent the time and money on it to make it nice and clean, just look at the fitment of that compared to an ebay kit, not to mention its just as durable as an OEM bumper, and just as low as anybody with a lip kit and a drop

Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 PM

fiberglass kits don't crack or brake if u drive normal its when u drive like a idiot they break. i have had two front kits both glass and i broke one driving like a idiot in the rain. but they do take alot of time to get them to look good there will be body work needed on almost all body kits but the more u spend usually the thicker the fiberglass is..

Quick Reply: Best color for Body Kit?