General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Best website to buy parts from?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Default Best website to buy parts from?

So I've been looking at Pro Civic.com as well as Andy's Auto Sports.com. Both of them seem to have great prices and stuff, but I was wondering if anyone had tips or info on the best places to buy from. Thanks!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:19 AM
HCF Member

ebbayyy! :P

Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 AM

Oh wow stuff is a lot cheaper there! haha Thank you so much!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 AM

If you want Genuine OEM Honda parts, you can't beat Majestic Honda at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Old 03-31-2010, 01:31 PM
HCF Member

i dont recommend getting performance parts off ebay... not reliable. checkout 2kracing.com

Old 03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Chubby Chaser

look on ebay and just come back and post links of th stuff you wanna buy and we will let you know if its a good deal or not.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

good one 94civicHB... dats really wat i meant...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

a lot of ebay items are just as good as their over priced counterparts, it really depends on how much research you do before you buy.

My advice would be #1, look for items that are a good deal, but not dirt cheap, that way you weed out the worst sellers right away.

Next,out of those sellers look for ones that actually have a brand name (specifically one that is marked on their product) and an off-ebay website and a phone number. If the seller has these things, it means they are actually trying to develop a reputation and they are less likely to be selling shotty generic items that cant really be traced back to them specifically.

Lastly, research the part you are buying and ask the seller specific questions about how it is made, dont just assume what you are getting. Also, try googling other people's experience with the seller/brand.

If you still arnt comfortable buying ebay parts, I occasionally order from AutoPartsWarehouse.com they are pretty decent and have excellent customer service.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by LCmoneycash
So I've been looking at Pro Civic.com as well as Andy's Auto Sports.com. Both of them seem to have great prices and stuff, but I was wondering if anyone had tips or info on the best places to buy from. Thanks!
-if you're talking about stuff to add to your car, eBay hands down(nearly every part I have came from ebay)
-if you're talking rims/tires, discounttiredirect.com(great prices, free shipping)
-if you're talking replacement parts, go to your honda dealership or see if you can find the same oem part on eBay for cheaper.

lol my next car might end up coming from eBay, of course you'll have to get someone to inspect the car, submit more pictures, find cost of shipping, etc. But the prices I've seen compared to where I live, huge difference.

and if you use ebay, go to bing.com to use their cashback program. Go to bing.com, type in Wii or anything that'll pull up eBay. Click the eBay link, use buy it now on whatever you want. Right now they're offering 8% back, which isn't much, but it adds up if you use eBay a lot.

I saved hundreds on car parts using Bing when they were offering 30-35% off last year.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

Also from my short experience as mechanic, always check the return policy. If you have to pay to return it, the item may not be a good deal.