General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

body kit help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:07 PM
HCF Member
Default body kit help..

i have a honda civic 2003 EX and i have a system in it and all, tinted my windows.. but i want to take it to the next level..

what are some links to some pretty neat body kits? rims or anything... im trying to spend as least possible.. but try to find me good looking stuff..

here is my car.. so you can look at it.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
July 2010 ROTM

IMO, i'd worry bout slamming it first. ur car looks clean, and the wheels arent gaudy. score some lowering springs, unless ur balling and can afford TEIN coilovers. im no expert, but a stock car slammed, nice rims, nice exhaust is all in the world thats necessary. if ur into trends, u should/could go for that faux race look. big brakes, lots of shiny suspension bits. if u definitely want to mod the body, a nice factory rear lip and skirts paired with a mild aftermarket front bumper looks pretty clean. its on u tho, you'll get lots of different opinions on here... good luck with the car man, the color is great, and welcome to the forum...

Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

That's a SICK civic you got there man. I wish I could afford something like that.

SO you want rims? I say go for some stock rims. you know. the cheap ones. They also look the best. you can also customize the rims with rim covers. cheap covers. They're super cheap and they look good too!

As for a cheap-o body kit, go for some of this:

You can custom make your own, so it will be unique. Also, there's spray paint that you can get at your local hardware store. Just don't forget to put on a clear coat to prohibit rust from forming on your cardboard. I hope this information is useful to you. Good luck!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 AM

If you want to spend as little as possible, then a body kit isn't for you. Over 1/2 the kits dont fit right out the box, need modification (fiberglass work), which costs more money in the end. Then, you consistently have to worry about cracking the bumper (especially lowered).

Stick with a lip kit as Mbrent said. Clean, cheap, and easily replaceable if you rip it off somehow.

Your rims arent bad, the car just needs a nice drop to look right. Have fun with the mods!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 AM
HCF Member

What's wrong with the rims you have? I like them.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

^what he said. Kits can turn out to be really expensive. Sometimes the install can cost more then the kit itself. I got my kit for free from a car accident and thought it would be no problem to put it on, then I found out how wrong I was. Im just glad that I had a good friend who was experienced with fiber glass cause I never would have got it done myself. It required a ton of cutting, grinding and matching stuff up. On top of that, it can be a hassle for every day driving. I really got to watch out for curbs when parking anywhere. You have to be able to judge a speed bump or dip just by looking at it compared to the height of your car. I got in some pretty bad scrapes before I learned the height of my car. Plus, I cant drive in the snow cause my front bumper acts as a snow plow in some areas (and it snows alot here in Germany). So think it through before you get that done if thats your only car.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 AM
HCF Member

Op just go for a nice drop on your civic.... a body kit will turn it into something like this =/

Old 02-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Angry Admin

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D

Op just go for a nice drop on your civic.... a body kit will turn it into something like this =/
Originally Posted by Masonn
That's a SICK civic you got there man. I wish I could afford something like that.

SO you want rims? I say go for some stock rims. you know. the cheap ones. They also look the best. you can also customize the rims with rim covers. cheap covers. They're super cheap and they look good too!

As for a cheap-o body kit, go for some of this:

You can custom make your own, so it will be unique. Also, there's spray paint that you can get at your local hardware store. Just don't forget to put on a clear coat to prohibit rust from forming on your cardboard. I hope this information is useful to you. Good luck!
if this continues the ban hammer WILL come down

Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

My thoughts exactly.

OP, while I normally wouldn't recommend a body kit, but if you need a body kit, get a Buddy Club 2 style body kit. It's about the cleanest kit you'll find. Remember, the less you pay, the worse it'll probably fit, and more money it'll cost to prep and paint. In the long run, you get what you pay for. As far as wheels, I think the ones you have now are pretty nice; why spend money on other ones when you have perfectly good ones already?

Also, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to remove the link from your signature.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i was just about to say, if we want to bring in new members, ppl need to quit talking ****..

@masonn: i see ur OG but i also know ur never around, so dont come and talk **** like you run things, cause u dont.. k?

@nike: u should know better

Quick Reply: body kit help..