General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

body kit help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

thanks everybody... also, can you just start sending me links to stuff i should get or you recommend?

Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

what's wrong with the link in his sig? I'm sure there's a good reason, I'm just not aware..
jp, i love it lol

anyway, I'm all for body kits, as long as you keep them subtle (as far as body kits can go) and clean. you need to find something that you can make look really smooth that almost looks like it belongs on the car.

i think i gota agree with the buddy club 2 style body kit

again, just my .02

Old 02-07-2010, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

what about exhausts? i want something loud.. i want my civic looking more of a street car..

and also can you send me some links to that body kit for a civic?

Old 02-07-2010, 06:43 PM

I'm pretty new here, but I'm going to agree with the first response. Not even slamming it, but bringing that wheel gap down a few inches would help GREATLY. Do a rim color change, IMO. A nice gold or gunmetal would look awesome. Stick with a lip kit, as those usually accent the body lines really well. As for exhuasts, I'm sure there are many routes to take. I pieced mine together ($120 eBay piping + universal muffler + local shop work/welding) and I had it done under $300 and quality is more than enough than I'll ever need. Stick with basic stuff, but not autozone stuff.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

I'm not talking ****. I'm trying to get a point across that you can't cheap out and make something look good.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

@OP: dont get an exhaust just cause its loud, thats suppost to be the bad part, remembr? tuners get them for power, ricers get them for noise, were trying to guide you into what to get just get an ebay catback with a nice muffler, you can go on youtube to hear the sounds

@masonn: did you or did you not post pics of cardboard box's and tell him to make a body kit out of that?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
@masonn: did you or did you not post pics of cardboard box's and tell him to make a body kit out of that?
Yes. I did. Why? to get the point across that cheap stuff doesn't cut it. To make a car look good, you need to spend money. Just like hardware store spray paint and clear coat won't work either. A proper paint gun, proper automotive paint, and proper clear coat will make the job look 100x better than a spray can could ever do.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

u told him to buy hub caps and make a custom body kit and spray paint it for christ's sake... come on bro, you cant play it off. just dont bash people

Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM

@OP: dont get an exhaust just cause its loud, thats suppost to be the bad part, remembr? tuners get them for power, ricers get them for noise, were trying to guide you into what to get just get an ebay catback with a nice muffler, you can go on youtube to hear the sounds
This.

Remember, in case any future "bashers" chime in, that eBay is NOT a brand, but a marketplace. I've bought several pieces from some automotive sellers on there with zero problems. A buddy of mine bought a full turboback off of eBay and it was GREAT quality SS, and he just splurged on a nice, name brand muffler and got it all mated up. One of the better exhausts out there, IMO. Keep the car clean. Get an exhaust that'll give you a little bit of a tone, but not a weedwhacker sound, and hopefully some performance. That makes it double as a performance mod as well as "cosmetic."

Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

u told him to buy hub caps and make a custom body kit and spray paint it for christ's sake... come on bro, you cant play it off. just dont bash people
I guess you people don't share my sense of humor then. If it helps I will lighten up.

Quick Reply: body kit help..