General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

body kit help..

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

sounded like a bash, not a sence of humor.. sorry for accusing you if you rly ment it as a joke

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
sounded like a bash, not a sence of humor.. sorry for accusing you if you rly ment it as a joke

why so serious?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:31 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
if this continues the ban hammer WILL come down
Dont worry, Im not offended. To each man his own. I have more important things to worry about in life then if somebody doesnt like my car. I get mixed emotions from people all the time about it. Some people love it and some people hate it.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 AM
HCF Member

ok. what exactly is a lip kit? can i see a link of one and what about some exhausts.

like ebay links or something.. thats where i can order from or who ever takes paypal.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Super Cereal Admin

A lip is basically an add-on to the stock body; a front lip attaches to the bottom of the stock front bumper and a rear lip attaches to the bottom of the stock rear bumper. Usually lip kits use the factory side skirts, but there are some aftermarket side skirts designed to be used with front and rear lips. Try looking at HMotorSports and StreetStyler for lip kits. I believe they both take paypal, and I've ordered both a front and rear lip from HMS and have nothing bad to report about them (shipping could have been quicker, but shipping something that large from California to Pennsylvania via USPS is never going to be quick; besides, that was the fault of the USPS, not HMS). Also, try JDMsh*t.com. I'd link you to it, but the word filter will mess up the link; just replace the * with an I and you're good.

Originally Posted by Beretta
Dont worry, Im not offended. To each man his own. I have more important things to worry about in life then if somebody doesnt like my car. I get mixed emotions from people all the time about it. Some people love it and some people hate it.
Well, that's not really the point. The point is the community here at HCF should be supportive of anyone's taste; if they disagree with the user's taste, they should discuss it in a civilized, peaceful manner. Especially when the user in question is relatively new to the forums and probably not familiar with more active members' styles of humor.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by reaper2022
they should discuss it in a civilized, peaceful manner. Especially when the user in question is relatively new to the forums and probably not familiar with more active members' styles of humor.

well said

Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

hid's with yellow/amber fogs would definatly catch alot of eyes. i like that set up.. just dont be mad tyte jdm and get yellow/amber headlights AND foglights, cause its ugly and you cant see anything at night.. hhaha, basicly just keep it clean, do what you would like.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Angry Admin

HEY! you're not supposed to have power get off my forum biotch!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by FAC3L3SS
Remember, in case any future "bashers" chime in, that eBay is NOT a brand, but a marketplace. I've bought several pieces from some automotive sellers on there with zero problems. A buddy of mine bought a full turboback off of eBay and it was GREAT quality SS, and he just splurged on a nice, name brand muffler and got it all mated up. One of the better exhausts out there, IMO. Keep the car clean. Get an exhaust that'll give you a little bit of a tone, but not a weedwhacker sound, and hopefully some performance. That makes it double as a performance mod as well as "cosmetic."
We know this, we just refer to a generic brand exhaust found on eBay as "eBay exhaust". There are typically a few different ones but they all have pretty annoying mufflers. That's the beef most people have with them... the piping fits good but the generic fart-can mufflers sound terrible. Though I can't imagine that the piping is very durable. I had a generic test pipe for a little while when I was trying to make my exhaust fit right and it rusted pretty bad in a matter of months... and I live in FL, cars don't usually get rust on them. I can't imagine what would happen to it in the rust belt.

Quick Reply: body kit help..