General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Brake question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Default Brake question.

I have a manual 2008 Civic. I do mainly highway mileage and because of this my oil life is really high, according to the maintenance minder. I still change the oil at 3000 miles, and the oil life is still at 50%. It appears that because I am not complying with the maintenance minder I am confusing some of the maintenance issues.

Can anyone tell me, by going by the maintenance minder in their car, when did you need your first brake maintenance/inspection. Any answers would be appreciated.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:31 AM

brakes are not effective
hello frds, i hav zen 2003 and i am not satisfied with the braking of the car from the day one when i purchased it, i asked sum1 tat time and got a reply tat zen's brake are not very much effective. The problem is brakes are very hard and need a power for the power brakes like if it is maruti 800. and if we talk about wagon R or santro, brakes are very soft and effective but slightly skidding problem if m not wrong.
i consulted some authorised mechanics also they only checked the brake shoe which was ok and said it is only my illusion and nothing else but trust me this is truth coz i have been driving cars of differnent brands and even 800 sounds better.Now suggest me what could be the problem and what to do. Is thr sum problem vid the brake fluid or fluid pipe or pressure. Help me out.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 AM

how many miles are on your car? whenever you take your car to get maintenance done, you can ask them to check the brake life, most places will do it for free since it only takes a minute. its very hard to say how long brakes will last, all depends on the driving habits, how hard you are on the brakes, how much weight you're stopping, etc.. I'd say typically brake pad life will last somewhere around 30k miles, but again some will last much less or can go longer..