General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

brand new headlights foggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Default brand new headlights foggy

Intro: So i bought some new OEM headlights, since my civic only came with ebay headlights. I had bought anzo projectors to replace them and they turned out to have crappy adjustment. They messed up so I said screw it, i'm going back to stock.

Anyway, I installed the new OEM oneslast night (it was a light sprinkle during some of the install - so it was pretty moist outside). After I was done adjusting the beams,and turned them off,fog developedin the passenger headlight. It was still like this in the morning. After school today they were both fine, and it had still been raining and moist. So far the problem is gone, even though it is just as moist outside now as when it was foggy.

Do you think the headlight has a seal problem... or possibly moisture got in the passengerheadlight (through the bulb hole possibly?)while I was installing it, and it took
using the headlights this morning to evaporate it?

I really don't want to take it off to reseal it, as this is about the 3rd time i've had to take the headlights off the car... so i'm hoping that it was just from the install.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:58 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: brand new headlights foggy

Silicone them and you should be FINE...This is very common with E-bay head-lights..I had to put some silicone on mine also..where the 2 plastic meets. I did it all around to keep it safe..lol..it works

Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM

I meant, these are the OEM ones I installed, not ebay headlights. I want to get as far away as possible from eBay headlights - they adjust horribly and cause too much frustration.

So yea, these are OEM headlights, so shouldn't they be sealed fine?

Old 01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

Sometimes they tend to get moisture with time...I suggest take it off leave it in the sun to dry all the moisture out and silicone it...bam that should take care of it.

Since there still new exchange it for a new one

Old 01-18-2008, 07:38 PM

Update: Headlight still hasn't had any more fogging issues. I guess moisture must have got in them while I was installing them. The seals look pretty good on it. If it comes back I will reseal them.