General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Buy auto now or wait for stick?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Buy auto now or wait for stick?

I was driving home today and I saw a Del Sol for sale (Pretty sure it was a 93). From the outside the car looked awesome, had a nice front end kit as well as skirts. Had dual exhaust and nice rims, but I peeked inside and it was automatic. They wanted 4k for the car, not sure on miles or anything but before I proceed any further interest in the car, I wanted some opinions. Should I just go get the auto Del Sol? Obviously its fun driving stick and I love it but obviously automatic is still tunable but is it even worth it? If I don't go with this then I'll still look for a late 90's ex that's stick, takin a while to find one though. I really want to find a car before the school year starts, less than 2 weeks left.

Here are some pics of a Del Sol for sale by me that was on Craigs, it is basicaly the same as the one I saw only difference is the exhaut. This Del Sol is a swap with a '97 Del Sol engine in it. 100k on the motor, 200k on the body.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM

It looks awesome............

....................if yer a ricer.

Hold out for the manual trans if thats what you really want. You'll hate yourself later on if you want stick and got an auto. Also, don't put a body kit on the car you get. Just invest in a clean stock bumper with a lip, and save the rest of the money you would have spent on the body kit on something else. BTW, I only see one muffler, did you say it was dual exhaust?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

I said it was basicaly the same del sol that I saw but that was a different one off Craigs.

Well you always seem to be the one who answers all my stuff but I wouldn't go any buy a kit, lips are better in my opinion and kits suck in Wisconsin with snow.

This Civic was put up in the last like 20 min.
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1330297164.html
It is really appealing seeing as it has one owner and one driver... but too many miles?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Chubby Chaser

the del sol isnt worth 4k anyways

and that coupe i would jump on that real quick because that will sell really quick

Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

that coupe looks soooo clean
you gots to jump on that bro

Old 08-18-2009, 07:21 PM
HCF Member

Hmm but that seems like alot of miles to me as in just overall wear and the whole car itself from suspension to the engine itself...

Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Chubby Chaser

ask them about what maintence has been done and that really aint that many miles for a honda... its in its prime.. i had a civic with 471k miles on it. as long as its maintained good and not dogged it will last. its still a great buy for only 1,700 i bet you could offer 1,500 and get it. and spend a few $$$ and put all new suspension on it.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

First off cut the crap on here about rice. Yes its stupid and looks bad, but Honda Civic's are the definition of rice. Its more of an option for someone let them make there car look bad. Answer the questions instead of smart comments about rice.

And This is all based on opinion, but ive always been for the stick. I say wait it out and get the manual. There just more fun and you get alot more out of them. I had an Auto as my first car, still fun but not the same, just more control with a stick.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 PM
HCF Member

if you can wait, wait for a stick.

But yes, that is rice. Honda isn't rice, just people that put cheapo parts on a very affordable car.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

That coupe looks really nice! The miles are a bit high, but not enough that you should be worried about it....And switching in another engine if/when that one dies ( which should be in the distant future) isn't too hard. My dad and i did it with my civic and we've never done any major work on any car lol.

Quick Reply: Buy auto now or wait for stick?