General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Buyin on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Default Buyin on Ebay

I know a lot of you buy parts from Ebay and I hear a lot of good stories but I'm still skeptical about purchasing from there. I see a lot of "good deals" but then I see things like "all items sold as is" which shys me away because then if its damaged I just got screwed. So if anyone know reliable shops on Ebay I'd love to hear from whom you got quality parts with a good deal. I'm especially gonna be looking for new fenders and a Buddy Club 2 kit within a year or so. Any responces would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Default RE: Buyin on Ebay

The best word of advice when it comes to ebay is.. if its too good to be true.. it most likely is.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 AM

The main thing about eBay is the feedback. If you are at all worried never buy from anyone with less then 15 or so feedback and always make sure they have ove like a 97% + feedback score. Go in and read the feedback, see what the negs were about. Even the best customer service in the world cant satisfy everybody so look it over and find out what you can expect.

I find you can sometimes get lost in the system when you buy from a huge seller with 9872986523987126 feedback because they are selling like 100 things a day, but in all fairness more times then not these people usally get the job done quckly and effinciently. Its only when a problem happens it is hard to communicate with them, but they are usally more then willing to help to earn a + feedback from you.

Usally sellers who except Paypal arent going to rip you off. USALLY!!! NOt always.

Watch out for the word "style" like greddy style exhast. its basically a roundabout way of saying cheap poop.

Use paypal, if you dont recieve the item within 30 days you can file a complaint with them and they will usally (theres that word again) get you your money back.

The more you do it the better you will get at finding scammers and cheap garbage. I have spent alot of time buying and selling and have learned alot and can usally feel out an auction very well before bidding. Practice makes perfect, but you may want to start small.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
HCF Member

yeah, that really cheap "fully built" b18 from the guy who has one feedback and only accepts check or money order is probably fake. dont laugh, ive seen it.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:40 AM

I bought a recorder on eBay 2 years ago, and the seller never shipped it to me. Luckily, I had paid with PayPal through my Amex card. PayPal and eBay didn't do anything for me when I filed a complaint, but I asked Amex twice, and the second time, Amex gave me a full credit for what I had lost ($689).

Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 AM

WIth paypal you have to file the complaint within 30 days. No less. Then basically what they do is give the other member 10 days to prove they sent the item via a tracking number. If they cant do this Paypal will recover whatever funds they can from the other persons account. The bad thing is, is sometimes when you file this the fraudulent seller will ship you a box of bricks with a tracking number. Best thing to do is when the package arrives keep the delivery persone there while you open it and if it is not your item send it back with them right there, that way hopefully it will never show as delivered.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 AM

My experience with PayPal was 2 years ago, and I think they've changed their rules since and have gotten a bit better to go after the scammers.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

I usually look at where the seller is and decide whether I would be willing to drive there to strangle them if they rip me off, and then I bid.

If you can wade through all of the "Buy it Now" crap, there are some really great deal on there.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:15 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was searchin last night before I had posted this and saw some nice deals but I was always skeptical about Ebay. Once I pay my cards off I'll have to do some more searching and see what i can find and see how it goes.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:56 PM

lol I actually brought my car off ebay

Quick Reply: Buyin on Ebay