General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Default Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again

Ok so for everyone that has seen some of my threads you know that I have been looking to buy an EG for a while now but the time has come where I will buy one very soon.

I found this on craigslist recently, it's a decent DX with a motor swap and rims. The body has 130k on it and the motor has 100k on it. The motor is a d16z6.

http://providence.craigslist.org/car/390609772.html

My plans were origonally to buy a EG and then do a b16 swap...but I think that I'm going to buy this hatch, fix up the body, maybe get a paintjob, brakes, and any other parts needed. Then I will turbo the D and do any other needed upgrades.

The guy's asking $1800 but I already got him down to $1500, I'm going to look at the car probably tomorrow where I know I can find something wrong and get him down even more. If nothing seems to be wrong, I'll start raggin on **** like body work, rusted calipers and anything I can find to make my moce down to $1200 or $1300.

I'm sorta new to working on cars so I'm not incredibly smart about mechanics and builds. Any tips on whether I should buy this car, what parts I should upgrade before I put the turbo in and really anything. But before you star posting vitra pistons, eagle rods, bigger injectors, etc, realize that I already read Sov's build and I'm not really looking for upgrades like that until I'm ready to throw the turbo in. I need opinions on suspension, strut/sway bars, clutches, gear ratios, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again

I think you should send me the rims when you get it. You're going to want something different anyway.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 PM

I think you should rag on him for posting a video where he does a burnout...a crappy one at that.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Type RB

I think you should send me the rims when you get it. You're going to want something different anyway.

Good luck!
Why would I want something different? I like them, I will probably get new ones eventually but not for a few months, and when I do I'll PM you and you can buy then from me.

ORIGINAL: t0wards eternity

I think you should rag on him for posting a video where he does a burnout...a crappy one at that.
Yea, that was retarded. The guy must be stupid to show a burnout when selling a car...but that makes me think he wont lie about anything else...

Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Spanky

Good luck!
Why would I want something different? I like them, I will probably get new ones eventually but not for a few months, and when I do I'll PM you and you can buy then from me.
That was a joke, Bro. There's no way in Hell I'd pay shipping from RI to TX for used wheels - especially after they've been 'broken in' by God knows how many burnouts.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:04 PM

Good luck!
That was a joke, Bro. There's no way in Hell I'd pay shipping from RI to TX for used wheels - especially after they've been 'broken in' by God knows how many burnouts.
Well burnouts dont hurt your rims unless you have a flat tire or ur burning out against curbs...so that statement was useless. The joke wasn't funny at all either. Maybe you meant tires?

Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

What the hell, he did a burnout right in front of little kids. And i heard that engine bouncing off that rev limiter a couple of times. I dont think he takes care of his car.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

u should be able to find a car in better conditions for about the same price. i got my first civic ( a 95 ex ) for $1500 from a very sweet old lady. she was asking $1800 so my point is , if u look around more u'll find a decent EG its not like there arnt any.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:52 AM
HCF Member

Good luck!
Well burnouts dont hurt your rims unless you have a flat tire or ur burning out against curbs...so that statement was useless. The joke wasn't funny at all either. Maybe you meant tires?
People doing burnouts in Honda Civics are pretty much capable of anything. You apparently have no idea what kind of wear burnouts cause to rims, torsional stress being what it is and all - there's definitely more damage going on than if the car were not being used for such things. Used rims & tires, are used rims & tires... plain as that. No matter what, you won't get what they were worth new, especially with video of burnouts from the previous owner. If you do, then you're a great salesman and good for you.

And actually, I typed 'rims' and was thinking 'wheels,' meaning rims and tires. My bad for not being more specific.

Try pulling the stick out of your *** a little - you might actually enjoy life a little more.

Have you bought the car yet? Good luck with whatever you decide to do, though.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:23 PM

yea i understand what your saying...obviously wheels get worn from burnouts but if he video taped that 1 burnout i mean im sure he doesnt have a file full of burnout vids...i mean im buying an eg with rims and ****, obviously it's not going to be drivin like a grandma's care. and the only reason in why i dont want to buy a older eg from a grandma is because then it will have the stock d15b7...aka hondas ****tiest motor.

i want atleast a d16 so i can turbo it eventually. i have not baught the car yet, im supposed to in a week when i get my check in but im still looking.

if anyone could help me find an eg or even an ek for around 1500 give or take ill greatly appreciate it. i live in rhode island so anywhere in the northeast that's relatively close will be fine

thanks and btw i dont have a stick in my *** but the way u said that pissed me off for a sec just cuz im tryin to be as optomistic as i can right now.

Quick Reply: Buying An EG, I Need Opinions...Again