General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Calling All Event Planer

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:38 PM
HCF Member
Default Calling All Event Planer

Whats up everyone, my team (Legit Auto Team in NY,RI) are planning an event for July 11th,from 4pm-10pm so its mainly a cruise night car show.

Basically we have a parking lot from a company that can hold about 100-175 cars, and we are going to call the owner and ask him if we can have a burn out competition (i doubt it but worth a try).

We are going to have all sort of classes from all type of imports (hondas mainly,vw's bmw's) to domestic (chevy, mustang,etc), bikes also.

Were planning on buying some trophies to give out for 1st,2nd and 3rd place, with some Best of shows trophies.

We are planning some events aswell, which are the burn out competition and a 50/50 raffle ticket.

This is our first even so we dont have much experience, we want to make it great but we lack the experience.

Basically we want some advice and help, anything from tips on making a great event, to event idea's, how to promote the event (where doing forums) and basically how to organize it so it plays out smooth and perfect,

Again sorry for the long post but thanks for any information

Old 12-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Angry Admin

well you can give me money because its my birthday and cake but only ice cream cake or even pie

Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

I would really check into laws concerning this, you don't want cops surrounding the parking lot halfway through the event. Plus, I would definitely check out insurance policies for doing such an event on a business' grounds. After those problems are squared away, then I would worry about the small things such as awards, raffles, and promotion.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

i would scratch the burn out contest, cause that is just going to cause problems unless away from the public. People will complain about the noise. GL with the show and hope everything goes smoothly

Old 12-18-2008, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

Lol yea I thought about that and sayd it was a bad idea,so that's gone

Also we were thinking of sponsers, since its a night even we was thinking if some led or lighting company would sponser use some of there stuff, since its a night there product would be adverticed nicly n it could make our show better, free product that we can give out btw,anybody think this a good idea?? And if so which company's do you guys think would b good to ask??

Ohh and jprommel, if we have any money left over we'll buy you one of those cakes that you can put a hooker in (hehehe)

Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM
HCF Member

I say drop the burn out competition and i would work.
Keep us updated on this because i would to go.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

coo, what you guys think of this, to cover the trophies, and what now (cuz those gona be at least 300$) were planing on charging 10$ to register , at least 10 staffs to keep everything under control,

and for the sponsors, we was thinking just geting banners from there company, you guys think they could/would ship out free banners with there company's logo on it??