General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Car Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:10 PM
HCF Member
Default Car Alarm

I did a search and found that most of you guys recommend Viper.

How about this

I want remote start, and remote keyless, and I want the little unit that shows you that your car is being ****ed with instead of the car just beeping that you might not hear.

It seems like this kit has all that. I liek the 5900 SST series with the one mile range but the price is starting to get too far up there.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car Alarm

looks good to me, ya they do get up there in price..i have a viper and its been good to me so far

Old 08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well one thing.... i dont buy from people with a low feedback rating.... id be VERY weary of buying from them...

one thing i can say or more advice is contact this guy on ebay
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...em=-1&frm=1883
OR if ya have AIM contact him direct. " HCCAfan "

thats who i bought my paging alarm/starter system from and love it. ive bought quite a bit of stuff from him and still have stuff i wanna buy from him. VERY good guy and seller! its shiped DIRECTLY FROM directed electronics! so you know its gonna be right and be brand new!

thiers three brands he carries..... mines PYTHON. BUT all three brands are the same unit! just different color remote controls and stickers
mine is black, python.
viper is blue,
and the other has a carbon fiber look to it.
and best part... thier all the same price.LMFAO

very good alarm system!!!!!!!
once you go paging alarm systems youll never go back to standard systems!!!!!!!!
be inside your office or grocery store... press the start button and youll KNOW if your car got the signal to start with it paging you back.... and if not.... go closer to the door
no guessing.... "well it should be starting now" and go outside and it never got the signal...LOL

also if ya need wire colors let me know the year and car and ill copyying them for ya.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:00 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

well one thing.... i dont buy from people with a low feedback rating.... id be VERY weary of buying from them...

one thing i can say or more advice is contact this guy on ebay
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...em=-1&frm=1883
OR if ya have AIM contact him direct. " HCCAfan "

thats who i bought my paging alarm/starter system from and love it. ive bought quite a bit of stuff from him and still have stuff i wanna buy from him. VERY good guy and seller! its shiped DIRECTLY FROM directed electronics! so you know its gonna be right and be brand new!

thiers three brands he carries..... mines PYTHON. BUT all three brands are the same unit! just different color remote controls and stickers
mine is black, python.
viper is blue,
and the other has a carbon fiber look to it.
and best part... thier all the same price.LMFAO

very good alarm system!!!!!!!
once you go paging alarm systems youll never go back to standard systems!!!!!!!!
be inside your office or grocery store... press the start button and youll KNOW if your car got the signal to start with it paging you back.... and if not.... go closer to the door
no guessing.... "well it should be starting now" and go outside and it never got the signal...LOL

also if ya need wire colors let me know the year and car and ill copyying them for ya.
What does the pager look like?

Old 08-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok... had to look and upload a few i had... pics kinda suck BUT ya get the deal.... the remotes are all the same setup just different color case and name on the remote and alarm brain
thier all made by the same manufacture!

compared to my stock remote as you can see its not much larger! alittle thicker but nto bad at all!

Old 08-27-2006, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

I'm pretty sure some of the insurance money is going to one of these paging systems.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

they are very nice units!
if ya want your remote to match your car get the python model like mine

thats why i bought the python. cause the carbon fiber remote looked cheap, and didnt like the blue viper model.

i also paid 175bucks shiped for mine
and it is brand new! trust me contact HCCAfan on aol IM.....
i got my amp and alarm so quick i didnt realize what the ups guy was giving me.LOL

Old 09-01-2006, 02:33 AM

how much was the install? or did you do it?

Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

i always do my own instals on everything....

preaty easy to do..... just takes one afternoon.
as long as you have a wiring diagram its preaty easy to connect al the wires ya need.

just remember that when instaling a alarm you dont need to use all the wires. i think i always have about a dozen wires that i havent used.
hardest part is looking at the alarms diagram and then figuring out on your cars wire diargam which to connect to.