General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Car Questions from a Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Default Car Questions from a Newbie

Aiight so I feel imbecle asking this question...

What the heck does 'Type R' means?

I'm looking for a rearview mirror since the oem of my civic is kinda small - anywhere I can find it cheap in the San Gabriel Valley (that's near Los Angeles)? More specifically a flat 270mm with blue border. I've been eyeing on this mirror made by AF Projektz - that when a cell phone rings, blue light will dance around? Is that brand any good or should I stick with Broadway? Any web site I should look into buying accessories from?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-22-2004, 07:55 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Car Questions from a Newbie

not sure about your mirror issue, but a type R is a model that the integra comes in (stateside). Kinda like the EX, and HX... well the Type R is the higher end performance car. They are pretty rare in the states becuse they only make a certain number of them and are too expensive to ship from Japan. They are one of the quickest naturally aspirated 4 cylinder cars on the market and are what most honda street tuners look towards. The b18 swap (integra GS-R) is the closest most people get to it though... not too different. ALOT of companies make cheap products and put type R on it to get newbies to buy their crap... so if it says Type R on it and it only cost a few bucks... stay away from it.

They make a civic Type R, but only in Europe (it's a hatchback)

Old 10-22-2004, 12:36 PM

polo708

i appreciate your input and feedback.

perhaps i should have been more specific. i see accessories such as the rearview mirror made by Broadway and they always have this 'Type R' logo/sticker in place. An example would be found in this link: Type R - Rear View Mirror

Old 10-22-2004, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

yeah, its just a "brand". Trying to make you think its used in real Type R's. If its what you want it will fit your car.

Old 10-22-2004, 06:44 PM

okay so it's just a brand - in other words it doesn't matter if i get a 'type R' mirror or not... I guess all mirrors are the same, eh?

How about on average - how much of those rearview mirror should they cost? I've looked around the malls in this area costing like $35 a piece.

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2004, 04:25 AM
HCF Member

exactly, just a brand. As for price im not sure, ive never checked. $20-$30 sounds about right.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:32 PM

a certain number of them and are too expensive to ship from Japan. They are one of the quickest naturally aspirated 4 cylinder cars on the market and are what most honda street tuners look towards. The b18 swap (integra GS-R) is the closes
WOW, that's a big *** mirror!

Old 11-10-2004, 03:40 PM

Don't they now have the new civic sir in canada and the new si in us?

Old 11-12-2004, 02:32 PM
HCF Member

canada and the US have had the the SiR (Si) since they brought it back in 99. But, the 99-00 SiR is only a coupe. All other SiR's are hatchbacks including the new model '02+ SiR (which i don't like that much).

Old 11-12-2004, 03:17 PM

I like the new, its oddly nice

Quick Reply: Car Questions from a Newbie