General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Checking in.. Still looking for a good Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Default Checking in.. Still looking for a good Civic EX

The search is much more difficult that I thought it would be. I'm looking at the 97-02 range, but really prefer the pre-2000 cars for looks (I really hate the angularrear light cluster on 2000+ cars).

A couple of observations so far. There are no BLUE 5 speed coupes for sale, none. There are very few WHITE 5 speed coupes. There are hardly any pre-2000 Civics with less than 110k. The stock civic engine bay is ugg-ly. Civic at dealers are always priced about $2000 more than they should be. There are lots ofmodded and salvage Civics out there converted back to "stock" (no thanks). People that took good care of their cars are hesitant to show them to prospective buyers(I've been trying to see a nice red98 fora week and the guy just can't seem to pull the trigger and give me his address).

Overall the hunt is about 2.5 weeks old and I really haven't found anything yet, patience grasshopper. I thought this would be easier because there are so many Hondas out there, but it seems that the color/trans/mileage I want in a Civicare rare.. There are a million 4 door autos, but very few 2 door manuals.
I blame it all on cell phones. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 05-13-2007, 10:38 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Checking in.. Still looking for a good Civic EX

i have a White 2000 ex coupe 5-speed with 80,000 miles on it.

STOCK though, so you may not want it.

great shape, only seem 2 upstate new york winters....i get it oilbathed every fall even though i dont drive it in winter anymore.

originally from texas.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremy102579
i have a White 2000 ex coupe 5-speed with 80,000 miles on it.
STOCK though, so you may not want it.
great shape, only seem 2 upstate new york winters....i get it oilbathed every fall even though i dont drive it in winter anymore.
originally from texas.
Thanks but I'm trying to keep this transaction local to Coloradobecause salt isn't used here at all.My 30 year oldFiat Spider doesn't have a speck of rust on it because it's been here all it's life. Buy a Fiatin Kansas Cityand usuallyevery panel is rusted with holes in the floorpans, rocker panelsand wheel wells.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:00 PM

theres plenty of deals meeting the parameters you listed here in Colorado. Where have you been looking?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Fiasco

theres plenty of deals meeting the parameters you listed here in Colorado. Where have you been looking?
Craigslist, cars.com and autotrader.com . Where are you looking?

Maybe I'm just being too picky, which IMO isn't a bad thing.

And BTW my parameters are more granular than I listed. Here they are in order.

EX, Coupe, 5 speed, white,blue or red, spoiler, less than 100k, stock (no former ricers),no big dents or haildamage, no salvage titles.

That narrows down my choices considerably. There are two or three on craigslist that I'm checking out, otherwiseI'll wait until the perfect one comes along. I have about a month to play with.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:39 PM

Well, the search is over. Tomorrow I pick up my red99 EX coupewith spoiler and 91k. It's as close to mint as I've ever seen in a used car soI had no choice but to buy it. Everything looks and works perfect. No dents, no stains, onlytwo smallnicks on the rear plastic bumper, plenty of power and smoothness.I reallylucked out on this one!

Any suggestions for mandatorynon-ricemods, short of a cold-air intake? I plan tokeep the exterior stock except for new wheels, so all mods will be internal.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

autotrader.com

and don't just look in your area. look outside of your state.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

lest see some pics

Old 05-15-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

Yeah intake will be a good non ricer improvement, as long as your not trying to race everyone with just that. Show us the car

Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 AM
HCF Member

how much did you pay for it?

Quick Reply: Checking in.. Still looking for a good Civic EX