General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic?

Old 09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member
Default Civic?

I love the civic and I would really like to get one as my first car. But a family friend has offered me an evo 8 for 9k. It is slightly out of my range, but I can afford it. I do not know whether to get this car or get a nice civic. I need your help. I mainly am concerned with insurance on the evo 8. It is loaded, pwr everything, turbo 2.0L, CD/MP3, brembo brakes, enkei wheels, awd, 5spd, sunroof. It is the GSR Edition. Here are some pics of the evo.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Default RE: Civic?

I would deffinalty go with the Evo. I like my civic but evo's are very nice and for that price i would not pass it up. I dont know about your financial stand point for insurance, but if you could afford it i would not pass this up.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
HCF Member

Yeah it is a great deal. The KBB price is 20k. Also the seller is going to iraq, that is why it is so cheap. He has to get rid of it.
This will be my first car if I get it. So the insurance will probably be like $3500.
LOL....But not really. : ( I have to pay for it.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:57 PM

buy it and sell it if kbb is so much more.. you could build a nice civic if you ended up with 12 or 13k... then your insurance would be cheap AND your first car would be something that nobody in their right mind would let a teenager have

Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

I would definitely go with the evo. Those things are soooo sleek and sexy.

But if its a first car..and your looking for build a nice ride, with low insurance, the civic is for yo bad self.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Stimpy

buy it and sell it if kbb is so much more.. you could build a nice civic if you ended up with 12 or 13k... then your insurance would be cheap AND your first car would be something that nobody in their right mind would let a teenager have
^ MOS DEF!!! I would buy that thing RIGHT STAT NOW! Sell it for at LEAST 12k (after having some fun with it) Then buy a civic. I would say keep it, but insurance on an Evo will destroy your wallet, plus they're not the most reliable cars around. Btw, props to you for wanting a civic over an EVO!!! Civics are sex, don't care what anyone says. 1.6L SOHC 130hp and sometimes 40mpg, when you look at competitors stats it becomes clear that honda engineering is incredible! (VW jetta/golf 115hp DOHC avg. 28mpg[:-])

[sm=violent053.gif](VW Jetta/Golf)[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 09-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

buy the Evo and resell it as soon as you can, no reason not to.

If you don't, give me your buddy's number, so that I can do it

Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 AM
HCF Member

Yeah you'd be real dumb to pass that deal up dude and Insurance on an EVO 8 isn't as bad as you think. My buddy has one and pays like 170 a month for his and hes 18yrs old. It's just a 4 door Sedan..basically a "family" car and he has the EVO 8 MR.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

those pics are tiny! heh

i would go with the evo too..how many miles are on it? i'm sure they were relatively rough miles, as i don't imagine there are too many evo owners out there that don't give it a nice flogging. that and being turbo, just gives me worries about reliability.

buying and selling it sounds like a good idea, as you stand to make a good amount of cash.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Recognized HCF Member

buy the evo and i will buy it from you to pay for a civic

Search this Thread