General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

civic or accord

Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM
HCF Member
Default civic or accord

So I want a Civic, basically. My dad took me to go look at cars today, and only one place had a mid 90's Honda, and it was an Accord. Drove nice. It was a 95 EX. Now I would prefer a 6th gen ('96-'00) but he didn't have that. Also, I kind of have my heart set on a civic. Unfortunately, even though I am the potential buyer here, the dealer mainly talked to my dad and made eye contact with him and such (don't bother recommending I go to a different dealer, I'm still looking around anyway). Dealer said that Accords are just better in general than Civics. More comfortable ride, bigger engine, more space and such, blah blah blah. And my dad likes to seem like he knows what he's talking about, so he agreed with the guy while I just listened. Now, I'm going to be hearing about how Accords are better than Civics and I should get an Accord, not a Civic. Help me out here guys?

background: I'm a college student looking to spend $6k max probably, want a manual transmission, and want to put a couple upgrades under the hood. I haven't looked into insurance yet or any of that stuff.

Any info is appreciated, thanks.