General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

CIVIC GOT SMASHED NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Default CIVIC GOT SMASHED NEED HELP

1993 civic si 2 door coupe with the dz16z6 engine and 5 speed

i was at my friends birthday party and i parked on the side of the road like every other car on the road, was in the party for less then half hour went outside for a smoke and a buddy was walking back to his car to get his smokes and started yelling for me to come see my car cuz it was fu*ked up bad well my whole drivers side door was smashed in and my window was shattered and my drivers side rear panel was a little bit damaged as well ......... it was a hit and run so i will be going to icbc soon and gettting them to check it out ......... ii take pride in my car its super clean no dents no rust no nothing ....its a.. i was pisssed ..... my car is lowered an 1.5 inches or little more and on stocks for the winter short ram intake and exhaust, interior is immaculate i was wonderin if anyone was to sell their car like this what the price would be i estimate its worth 4500-6000 $ i need to kno becuase if they tell me that they want to write it off i need to know how much i want for it

Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Default RE: CIVIC GOT SMASHED NEED HELP

well, what you should have done was called the cops to file a hit and run on the scene. if you didnt do that, its likely your insurance company wont pay you a dime for it. assuming your insurance with reimburse you for this, your car with 120k (assuming) in good condition is worth $2175 (you dont decide what its worth when its written off, they do). the damage work including new door skin, handle and moulding, rear quarter panel, paint blending, will come out to about $2100-2500. therefore your car is totalled. you can either repair the damage out of pocket, or expect to get around $700 for selling the car with that damage. im dealing with the same thing right now, and fixing just the door is $1600 at the least. no quarter panel or window. luckily i know who hit me and they're cutting a check.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:29 PM

i called the police right away and tryed to get them to come and make a report ! and they said that they dont deal with it unlesss someone was hurt and that icbc is the one who does it all

Old 12-09-2007, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mossy

well, what you should have done was called the cops to file a hit and run on the scene. if you didnt do that, its likely your insurance company wont pay you a dime for it. assuming your insurance with reimburse you for this, your car with 120k (assuming) in good condition is worth $2175 (you dont decide what its worth when its written off, they do). the damage work including new door skin, handle and moulding, rear quarter panel, paint blending, will come out to about $2100-2500. therefore your car is totalled. you can either repair the damage out of pocket, or expect to get around $700 for selling the car with that damage. im dealing with the same thing right now, and fixing just the door is $1600 at the least. no quarter panel or window. luckily i know who hit me and they're cutting a check.

^^^^^Agree. I couldn't say it better.

And for you "1st Civic" It must suck where you live because if you where here in California the police would still make a report.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:41 PM

just a reply my cars getting fixed up all perfect !

Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

WTF?!? My car was in a hit and run on sunday too... SGI is going through soo many cases atm, so I can't get in for another week. (I'm assuming you're canadian) I think it's wierd for the price difference of canadian cars and american cars. Insurance up here isn't as bad as in the states, because no matter what happens to my car, wether it's my fault or not, my car is covered.

Don't you just love canadian insurance companies? (sometimes)

Old 12-14-2007, 05:19 AM

The question is not how much you want for your car....the question is how much the insurance company is going to pay for your car.