General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic HX $

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Default Civic HX $

I've had my 97 Honda Civic Hx for about a year now. The other day someone asked me if they could buy my car and said that its a rare model in the U.S. and told me I could prob get about $6000 out of it. How much should I ask? It has no modifications and everything is pretty standard.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

The HX is rare and also has increased value due to its ability to get high gas mileage.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks any idea how much I should ask for it if I want to sell it? Your right though, it gets killer gas mileage!

Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Tell us more about the Civic. What condition is the body and engine? Is it completely stock? How many miles? Has it been in an accident? Does it have a clear title?

Old 06-26-2009, 04:35 AM

The body is in great shape axcept for a shallow dent that runs down the passenger side door. Its all stock. Power windows and locks and someone installed a pioneer stereo system. Has a brand new transmition cause the lady that had it before me somehow managed to blow it. It does have a clear title. The engine is in great shape. Its had oil changes every 3000 miles. I make only the second owner and it is getting ready to hit 118000 miles. And the interior is in great condition.
Here are some pics:

Old 06-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Your Civic HX seems to be in excellent condition, to have relatively low mileage, and is well maintained. Most buyers won't know that the HX is a high gas mileage and low emissions model but, for those who do, you may may be able to negotiate a higher price, especially considering that gas prices are back on the rise. I think you could try a $6K - $6.5K selling price. What city/hwy mileage are you getting?

Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by RonJ
Most buyers won't know that the HX is a high gas mileage and low emissions model but, for those who do, you may may be able to negotiate a higher price
+1..... I just got off the phone with a guy about an hour from me who is parting out a 2000 Civic HX... he owned it and I had to explain to him why it was a HX. lol

Make sure you inform people about the HX model when trying to sell it. You shouldn't have that hard of a time selling that car.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 AM

Its kinda hard for me to get a straight city/hwy millage reading because I drive hwy and city every day cause I live outside of town so the 38 miles to the gallon reading I got before is with a little of both. Thanks for all of your replys. Now I know what to ask for if this guy is serious about buying my car. I just haven't decided if I really want to part with it yet.