General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic maintenace schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Default Civic maintenace schedule

I'm new to this forum and was hoping for some input. I have a 2004 Honda Civic with 65,000 miles. I'm wondering about the maintenance schedule. I know the manuel doesn't recommend any major service until +100,000 miles. What about transmission oil, spark plugs, fuel filter, etc. Do I need to worry about any of those before 100,000 miles? Thanks for your input.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic maintenace schedule

follow your manual's suggested maintenance schedule.

hondas are notoriously durable cars if you take care of them properly.

the one thing you could change more frequently is your oil and air filter if you live in a dusty area, which improves engine performance and gas mileage.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic maintenace schedule

Honda's, from what I understand, come with 5 year spark plugs installed, but I am one of those, at least once a year kind of guys. No reason to have to replace plugs if the car is running pretty good though. I would shoot for every 2 years if you just don't want the hassle. As for wires, maybe every 2-3 years if they aren't dammaged.

Fuel filter i wanna say is around 20-30k miles? I might be wrong, but for 25 bucks, it can't hurt anything to do at least once a year, maybe around spring.

I am also fairly sure that tranny fluid is a every 100k thing, but it seems like I read under heavy driving it won't hurt to do it once a year again, or every 2. You can tell alot about the tranny fluid by the smell I read, although I have never smelled any rank fluid, I assume you would know if it was bad. I take my cars and get them flushed localy, they run cleaner or soemthing through the system that gets it squeeky clean, and then replace the fluid with fresh. They show you what they take out, it's pretty nasty.

Thats my .02 anyway.