General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic no more!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:35 AM
HCF Member
Default Civic no more!

Well after some discussions with people on various forums, and talking with friends I have realized that I'm not as interested in building up my civic as I use to be. Mainly due to the fact that if I go ahead and put the $10,000 into it that I originally planned that when I do decide to sell it I wont even get close to my money's worth back.

I know I shouldn't let people talk me out of my dreams, but really I wasn't talked out of it, I just simply shifted dreams.

I just secured a loan for a 2005 hyundai tiburon se. Its an amazing burnt orange color with black interior. It has 27,xxx miles on it.

With the 10g's i'm gonna drop a supercharger into it and buy a kick *** stereo system and put some dynamat in it so I dont get the rattles.

I know I'm not gonna get great resale value out of the tiburon either, but atleast I have something in this decade, and to be honest the tibby is more my style. I still love my civic though, and perhaps I'll keep it around as a long term project.

Thanks for all the advice and critisizms from all the people on HCF I appreciate it!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM

If the Tiburon is more your style then gtfo and join a Tiburon forum... lol. j/k

Regardless of the car, any aftermarket mods you put on will not raise the value. Unless say you get a Civic, and do a rear disc swap. That's one of the only things I can think of that will actually raise the value, however, only a little bit.

I bet you can't just "drop" a supercharger into a Tiburon, or into any car. Basic needs would be bigger injectors (maybe fuel pump?), ECU management, tune, and the supercharger itself. Just remember that.

I know you have already heard this, but if you buy a Civic, no car payments (unless that $10k is loaned), you can put whatever amount of insurance you would like on it. It may depend upon the state, but I was forced to have full coverage on my car with a $500 (or less) deductible until it was paid off. Also, you could buy a $2k Civic, and make some insane beast with the left over $8k.

Make sure you stick around at HCF, even if you do not have a Civic!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

yeah i understand what all comes with installing the supercharger i just meant drop as in installing whatever is necessary to operate.

I have the 89 civic hatch, and its a great car, needs a new engine (current one burns a LOT of oil) and CV axles.. they are clicking on left turns.. and the rust is starting to take it over... I could just replace some internal components and make a beast out of the single cam d15.. I hear they can be pretty impressive when done right.

My first instinct was to keep the civic and build it up for exactly that reason, to avoid having a giant car/insurance payment each month. It will cost me almost 500 a month just to pay for the tibby but hey its like new..

I am pretty sure i'll keep the civic around, maybe turn it into a sleeper beast... who knows.

Either way I'll be sticking around these forums for sure.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 PM

Personally, I am not a fan of the EF body style at all. I would sell what you have now, and get like an EG shell (coupe or hatch) or an EG that has a blown motor and build a d series motor for that if you don't want to invest serious money. A d16 can be had for about $400, sometimes including the trans.

Glad to hear that you'll be sticking around!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Ugh i hate tiburons.....they just aren't for me lol!

Although i bet its an amazing color Burnt orange is awesome. Good luck with the new car!

Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

the newer tibbys are nice theres a burnt orange one that drives around my town.just dont go throwing tuscany stickers all over it.i would definitely pimp a tibby.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

ok i guess they call it orange crush and not burnt orange.. but heres a picture of it. Pretty sweet if you ask me!

Attached Thumbnails Civic no more!-11334680964_261395930_im1_02_565x421_a_562x421.jpg