General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic Renovation

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Default Civic Renovation

Is it worth it to Renovate a 95 civic with a bad paint job and interior....If it is than what is the best way to fully renovate the interior and exterior plus the cost.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Default RE: Civic Renovation

ORIGINAL: Bouba87
Is it worth it to Renovate a 95 civic with a bad paint job and interior
Hey, some people put a lot of money into the drivetrains and leave the exterior to look like crap.........Total Sleeper!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:41 PM

How about the interrior? whats the best way to make the interrior look hot.... from carpet to dashboard ( My Dashboard needs some work)

Old 11-07-2005, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

Interior:
Replace the dashboard at a dash specialty shop (hope they got one around your hood). The one a few blocks down the street runs $140 and up for a full replacement. I don't know what a civic would be. I'd imagine it's more towards the $140 end because they're pretty simple. Seats, buy new ones. It's cheaper than reupholstering them. Craigslist then Ebay would be the places I look for them. Shouldn't be more than $75 bucks for a pair if you're after stock. Carpet, upholstery shop. They'll take care of the specs. No idea on the cost for the carpet. Sorry dude. Door panels, junkyard or repaint and the ones you have if they're only discolored. Door panels can get pricey for good ones, $80-$100 for a 4th gen. I'd say about the same for yours

Exterior:
SPEND THE MONEY ON A GOOD PAINT JOB. I am now starting to see the consequences of going cheap. Even if a cheapy offers a guarantee, go to the better shop. And make sure it has a reputation. Read customer testimonials. A grand will get you and amazing paint job. Be sure to get a clear coat also.

Best of luck.

Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Even if you need to replace body panels, interior panels, seats and stuff, you shouldn't have a hard time finding them. I see people on here parting out those Civics once a week.