General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Default Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help

Hi fellas, I got a 95 EX that was stolen either late Thursday night or early Friday morning. The car was recovered yesterday and is now back in my driveway. I'm missing quite a few parts and need some help located some affordable replacement parts. Here are pics of the aftermath.

I need a hood, front bumper, and passenger headlight. The thieves cut the wires where my headlights were so I need a headlight and turn signal clip as well.

All 4 stock wheels were stolen and steel rims with bald tires were put in place. One of them had a red valve stem cap.

Got a nice softball size dent on the fender now.

Need 2 door trim pieces. One near the pillar and the other at the bottom of the window.

Need new ignition.

They even stole my power window panel so I'll need that too.

I need the console underneath the radio and the center console that's around the shifter.

They tried to steal my clock and hazard switch but instead ruinned my dash so I'll need a new clock and fix or replace the hazard switch.

I take it this is the stock ECU, is it missing anything because I'm getting a CEL when the motor is running. And where does it go?

Need a glove box too.

Does anyone know why they would try to do this? I didn't smell any gas aroma but I take it they were trying to steal my fuel pump assembly?

They thought I had aftersmarket speakers so they removed the panel and threw it away so I need a speaker panel.

My full size spare, tools, cover, and carpet were taken so I'll need that.

When I started the car, it was running like crap. It almost stalled on me and then I noticed my MAP sensor was unplugged and they tried to take that too but they stripped the screw.

Ok so does anyone know where I can find these replacement parts or does any member have them laying around in their garage. Also can anyone give me a guestimate on how much it would cost to repair everything. I only had 1 way insurance on the Civic so I'll need to suck it up and either pay for the repairs or sell the car.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help

damn man that really sucks i hope they find the asshat that did this and hang him . about the parts you could try a junk yard or put a wanted to buy in the classifieds here.and about the ecu looks like they took the cover off it goes up into the pass side kick panel. i hope everything works out for you good luck

here's a link to the wanted to buy section

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forumid_17/tt.htm

Old 06-03-2007, 12:07 PM

damn dude! that hurts! somebody works hard to get a car and other people pounce and steal it like its nothing. I recommend Ebay as your first stop. Second would bea junkyard. Down here in Miami, FL we call them U-PICK among other names but they are a great source for parts at a relatively cheap price. also look in the classified adds for any dirt cheap hondas that you could probably buy and use as a donor car and just pull what you need.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

wow someone bought a real junker and jacked your civic to fix it all up.. that realy sucks!!!!!
with all that missing... dam that sucks...
i dont know if id try puting that together or just sell it AS-IS....

looks to me like they where probably gonna steal all the tires and computer and maybe even the fuel pumpBUT had to drive it somewhere to ditch it quickly...... so thats probably why they left those....
as for the CEL light... reset the computuer... it probably came on due to the MAP sensor unpluged.... just a idea....

if it was a real theft you woulda thought they woulda stole the air bag and modual as those go for about 150bucks....
switches and panels arent worth much at all. which leads me to that stolen for parts for THIER civic.... may try looken around some paint shops and ask if anyones brought in any black parts for repaint lately or had a wrecked civic..
or even the cops if they had any front end accidents with civics n the past month reported. worth a shot at least to make some phone calls....

good luck if ya decide to put it back together.... but i think youll have to find a totaled civic....
check your local parts yard and try to get a complete price for all the parts... id think they would sell cheaper with a larger list......

Old 06-03-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

id sell it bro, mine got stolen about a month or so ago and i just got rid of it because it would cost too much to put it all back together. get a newer car with an alarm imo

Old 06-03-2007, 03:23 PM

I had a funny feeling the thief needed parts for his Civic. My interior was very clean and everything was in perfect working order. My tripometer showed the car moved no more than 3 miles from where it was stolen. I'm going to make a few calls to the local junk yards to see if I can get replacement parts. If anyone in Massachusetts Boston/Dorchester areaknow of these stolen parts, I'd greatl appreciateit if you can inform me of it.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

I'd part it out and buy another car. You'll get a lot more for parts than what you'd get if you sold the car "as is". It'll cost way too much to replace all those parts unless you find most of them for free. If you're willing to spend time working on it you may as well get some money from it rather than put money into it.

A decentalarm with fuel cutoff, a brake-pedal lock,and 2 alert dogs would be on my shopping list for new-car accessories.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM

yo,thats crazy.sorry man..jus get rid of it.its not worth buyin all the parts 4 it.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

those ****ing ****ers... honestly, thatssucks man.

uhh, shouldnt insurance cover the repairs needed?

Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM

My insurance won't cover it since I only had 1 way coverage on it. Kinda sucks so I got no choice to but to eat the bill. I've found a bunch of Ebay replacement parts, does anyone have any experience with the Ebay hoods and front bumpers? I'm hoping all the replacement parts will be around $1000 or less, if it is I'll repair the car if not, then I'll cut my loss.

Quick Reply: Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help