General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help

if the car was running like crap when you got it back and was throwing a CEL, I would suggest checking to make sure that your O2 sensor is still in your header/exhaust manifold. They are really expensive, and if the ***** was fixing up a beater of his with your parts, that part would be a hot commodity.

The guy probably disassebled your back seat out of curiosity more than anything, that's how he would start to look and see if you'd installed a fuel pump cutoff switch and forgotten to engage it. He could track the wires right to where you hid it if he found them. Clearly, unlike a quick smash and run carjack, he had time to dick around.

I think that you would be better served to sell the car and buy another. It will never be the same again anyway. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you catch them.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

dude...im sorry.

hate 2 say it but id just sell it. buy a new one itll never be/feel the same. get ur self a manual too..lol

Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM

get rid of it, by the time you get all the parts and **** and all the money you'd have to invest in it you might as well buy a new car with no problems.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

1 way insurance? what is this u speak of?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
HCF Member

^Liability im guessing
But yeah take a trip to your local junkyard and ask them an estimate on all those pieces. That should give you a good idea if you should fix it or sell it

Old 06-05-2007, 07:26 AM

at least they left the full tank of fuel

Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 AM

LOL...I filled up the tank before the car was stolen. My car was insured 1 way meaning if I hit someone that accident would be covered by my insurance if I accidentally did damage to my car then it wouldn't be covered. I basically insured it to get it on the road since as some of you may hate to hear this but this car was another project car and my beater. I found a bunch of replacement parts on Ebay but I'm still evaluating the costs and one of my friends will later on help me determine any other possible damage or missing parts. I originally had plans to possibly boost this car and swap over my TEC3 standaloneand runcoil packs on the Civic but these plans are now derailed.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Recognized HCF Member

looks to me like they didnt know were they were doing and were taking parts nobody wants but to fix a car back up and sell. probably throwing your parts on there car

Old 06-05-2007, 08:44 AM

yo i got a 95 honda civic two i know i got head light light up door handles a high flow cat and a center console ill look to see if i can find any thing else jst let me know if you wanna do business

thanks
Michael

Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 AM

id personaly fix the car, if i could find the parts at a reasonable price even if it was a bit more expensive, i hate letting go of my cars, you get to know your car, and what work needs to be done if any, to get the car back on the road it shouldnt cost a lot of money, id get the bonnet front bumper , headlight, fender, and ignition from the scarp yard, and then its road worthy, then slowly add the rest of the parts you need as you find/can afford them, it saves the hassel of selling/stripping your car for parts,
I know the ebay parts get a bashing here but i got a fender for 44euros which fit perfect a indicator light for 7 euros, also perfect fit and im just ordering the front bumper for 15euros, all new items from ATZ shop on ebay.de the german one, as i live on the german border in holland the postage is next to nothing compared to what it is for the US, all these items are brand new, prob not OEM but fit and look identical to the OEM products i have on the oposite side of the car, ill let you know about the bumper. maybe other people have had alot worse experience from eBay parts, but these are great.
well rant over, i hope it turns out well for you whatever you decide to do, just my two cents.

Quick Reply: Civic was stolen and now recovered...need help